Very clean low mileage Black SR

Year: 1998

Model: SR

Tax: 0

MOT: Sep 17

Mileage: 66,008

The time has come to put the SR up for sale. I'm a huge SR fanatic and after having one for my first car 13 years ago I'm back where I started. It took me absolutely ages to find a good one. After seeing quite a few others the quality, condition and history of this one stood out by a mile. The car has been cherished and is in lovely condition both inside and out.

Anyone that knows me knows how meticulous I am with my cars and with this one it's even more so than usual. I avoid any built up parking areas and am obsessed with cleaning it. I'm usually the only person in the car so there is always a seat cover on the drivers and the optional mats are only used on weekends if the weather is nice.

The paintwork is fantastic with only a few minor stone chips on the bonnet and there is zero rust anywhere. When I bought the car it had a minor scuff on the front and rear bumpers so when I finally managed to get hold of the genuine TTE splitter i decided to have the bumpers re painted at the same time as having it fitted. The wing mirrors were also colour coded and set the car off nicely.

The arches have been thoroughly cleaned and undersealed by hand taking me hours. I also made a start on the underside rear of the car and am currently just past the spare wheel well but have a new born so have run out of time at present. I will include a tin of waxoil to allow the job to be completed by the new owner.

HISTORY & MAINTENANCE

It's got full history and every MOT cert it's ever had along with lots of service and parts receipts. It also has the original sales brochure.

. Just got a fresh years MOT today

. All belts including cam belt, idler and water pump - Nov 15 @ 60k

. Major service - Nov 15 @ 60k

. Minor service was carried out by myself @ 65k using genuine filters and Castrol GTX.

PERFORMANCE

.Original TTE tailpipe with custom stainless exhaust

.Corolla Inlet manifold fully refurbished with new TB and manifold gaskets

.K&N panel filter

SUSPENSION/ CHASSIS

.TRD front strut brace - fully refurbished

.Cusco rear strut brace

.Apexi springs

.Eibach camber bolts (April 16) -2"

.New front wishbones (April 16)

.New front drop links (April 16)

BRAKES

.Levin twin pot conversion- fully rebuilt and refurbished with new seals and Pistons (March 16)

.New grooved disks (May 16)

EXTERIOR

.Standard SR spec

.Optional genuine TTE front splitter

.Optional genuine front fogs

.Optional genuine crystal headlights

.Front and rear bumpers repainted

.Wing mirrors body colour coded

.TTE tail pipe welded to custom stainless back box and painted black to look like the original Remus

.Front wiper arms repainted

INTERIOR/ ENGINE DRESS

.One off laser cut Starlet SR aluminium plaque

.98 Glanza front and rear seats

.98 Glanza black steering wheel

.98 Glanza door cards

.Full 98 Glanza plastics

.Optional 5 piece luxury mats (weekend and good weather use only)

.Standard 4 piece mats in good condition

.TRD gear knob

.Custom made from scratch lowered seat frames (around 50mm drop)

.Glanza cup holders

.Optional audio upgrade with original CD head unit

.Optional console carpet

.Aluminium dial cluster surround

.Dial needles coloured red

.Repainted dash facia in black

.Boot tidy (only thing not included in the sale)

.Most engine bay mounting brackets and bolts refurbished and replaced

.Exhaust manifold heat shield refurbished

The car will come with a paseo air feed and Glanza expansion tank as the next mod was going to be a half rad in preparation for a turbo conversion. It will also come with the rare original sales brochure.

TIME FOR THE VIOLINE

The reason for it being up for sale is that soon I'm going to have to start driving around 400miles a week and although it's more than capable I don't think it'd be fair on the car. At this time I don't have anywhere to store it and although it does limited mileage it still deserves to be enjoyed and not just sat in storage anyway.

Please follow the link below for my build thread. If you'd like any other pictures or information just let me know and I'll happily reply as soon as I can. It'll probably be in the evening though as I'm at work until 5 every day then have two kids under the age of two to get sorted when i get home.

Any inspection welcome, thanks for looking.

Price: 2350

Pictures:

E39AED0A-57FF-4CD6-9210-7B66646779D5.jpg

2D997F4A-2068-42B1-954C-2CFE659B28E0.jpg

8840EEBA-3230-4E71-ADA0-1B0E6A830D5A.jpg

3E00CA24-76D4-40F0-AE62-35E926547800.jpg

F741C596-6F01-40D9-BF88-006C2D6D09F7.jpg

3279BBED-3F18-4D45-BA30-96F4509DAF5E.jpg

FFFD3B14-7594-47B7-82CC-C476F77A7E13.jpg

DC1F0DEA-F51B-4889-BE0D-8DA20B8BF997.jpg

8913D495-F4D8-4040-8D89-0328F1933F21.jpg

C0D0686B-5638-4084-8266-3A651222BB53.jpg

A4E6FBD1-6D92-4037-A2B7-F21F571CC1BE.jpg

FDA3DB4E-832B-4827-B15C-87E8DABF28B0.jpg

DFD00F69-3E95-4BDF-8FC8-EF108C1D953C.jpg

A0313D57-8A65-47A1-A09C-0A7BA619A574.jpg

A27D0018-1BE9-4B44-9DB3-73DC6FC2B01B.jpg

94E15752-CB49-443B-8378-AEC8F1774677.jpg

A0F0ACD5-A0A4-4624-BDC0-468BBC5CE6DC.jpg

Contact Details: 07771364634 - Jase

Edited by Pikey009

That looks as fresh as when I picked mine up with only 6500 miles on it from pentagon Toyota,personally I'd keep it put the miles on it and enjoy,how do you know the next owners won't ? I wouldn't just like other members wouldn't ruin it but as I have a daily sr and a mint low mileage Celica and at 35 I've got to stop hoarding cars seriously glwts find it a good home Il lose faith in humanity if someone glanza reps this one ,this is one of the cleanest Sr's on the market

Edited by burty

Thanks mate very kind of you to say. If I could keep it I would, I think in a few years these will be pretty sort after. No offence to anyone but if they're planning on repping it then please don't enquire or just lie to me ha ha!

It really is a stunning car and deserves to be well looked after.

Edited by Pikey009

Ah mate its such a shame you're having to sell this, it really is a stunning example. I'd even say they're getting sought after now let alone in a few years, prices are on the rise it seems and good examples sell very quickly. You won't have trouble shifting this, worth every penny, good luck with the sale mate! Really hope it doesn't get repped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes mate it's staying on here, nice meeting the new owner today and hope he wasn't too fed up with how much I talk! he put any fears to bed about it getting ruined anyway. Will be really really sad to see it go :/ but out of my hands. Yeh I agree

Ahh that's great mate , gave mine some TLC today good clean etc nipped to motor spares and someone asked if i was interested in selling it when it was new no one looked twice at it! Glad you got the result you was after so what's next?

Unfortunately the next car isnt going to be that exciting or jap and because of the miles I'll need a deisel. Think I'll behave for a few years until I don't need to deisel any more and I can then maybe get my old gt4 back

That's a shame sometimes we have to make comprises, just a thought though I have a celica 140 and its a great compromise between fun and being economical regularly get over 400 miles a tank and its one of the best handling cars I've owned admittedly its lowered 35 mmm though yeah its no gt4 but remember your making a compromise here I drove from Sheffield to Penzance on 2/3 of a tank its 350 miles that 6th gear ratio is so long but still fun on b roads good facelifts can be had for 2.5k now uts just a thought mate as I had to sell my type r for something more sensible and I don't miss it at all

Yeh my dad had one and it was a lovely car but felt it just lacked that bit of power. They are a hell of a car for the money though. I like the corolla compressors as my dad had one after the Celica and we both loved it but they aren't great on fuel and I need a five door. ive owned an auris sr180 which once mapped was pretty quick but pants in the corners and prone to head gasket failure.

We can carry on the conversation on my build thread of you like.

The car sold today, moderators please lock