Brake disc replacment

Hey guys

So I have a standard glanva V and I've got awful wheel wobble under harder braking. Warped discs seems to be the issue according to a few friends who are much more mechanically minded than me. So can anyone advise me on a good set of discs and also is this something I could do at home with a decent guide or am I better taking it to a garage? I don't have a lot of experience but I want to learn as much as I can but obviously messing around with the brakes isn't something I want to get wrong 8) thanks all!

Edited by JaseTheTaff

Discs are fairly straight forward.

Loosen wheel nuts.

Jack car up safely

Remove wheel

Undo 2 17mm bolts on back of the caliper carriers

Knock caliper off of disc

Knock disc off

Clean hub of any debris, dirt and grime

Put a small film of copper grease on hub face to stop disc rusting to it in future.

Clean new discs with alcohol or degreaser.

Fit disc

If doing pads aswell you will want a G clamp to push the piston back in on the caliper then fit new pads.

Then its just a case of reversing the above steps.

If youre not sure have a mate who knows what he/shes doing to watch over and help out :)

Discs are fairly straight forward.

Loosen wheel nuts.

Jack car up safely

Remove wheel

Undo 2 17mm bolts on back of the caliper carriers

Knock caliper off of disc

Knock disc off

Clean hub of any debris, dirt and grime

Put a small film of copper grease on hub face to stop disc rusting to it in future.

Clean new discs with alcohol or degreaser.

Fit disc

If doing pads aswell you will want a G clamp to push the piston back in on the caliper then fit new pads.

Then its just a case of reversing the above steps.

If youre not sure have a mate who knows what he/shes doing to watch over and help out :)

That's awesome mate! That's really helpful cheers man :thumbsup:

If you're suffering with warped discs then our "110%" heavy duty ones would be ideal, they have 10% thicker castings to make them stiffer and run cooler.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/72471-discspads-for-toyota-calipers-inc-wms-110-heavy-duty/ :)

Cheers mate I'll check them out