OEM fog light switch diagram???

jhbjwg.png

These have a load of pins, tested continuity with the multimeter (both positions) and couldn't find the switch on/off position... Also need to know where the lighting is x) wiring my fog lights for the glanzlet!

Edited by EP70-PT

After loads of head scratching, coffee, multimeter testing, some help from the PCB itself and some googling, I managed to come up with this:

2daymtc.jpg

(this wasn't tested yet so feel free to try it! Worst case scenario it won't work or the switch will short (not likely) so feel free to try it, won't be doing it soon...

I've been meaning to sort one out to fit in the GT. Got a Toyota Starlet (UK EP91) electrical workshop manual as well :p Electrics are over my head though.

My fog light is a simple power in, earth out affair, but I had the idea of using the light up button as the foglight on indicator (required for MOT). My question is this; can I just splice off the power coming out of the switch (when on) and feed it into the switch illumination directly, or would it need a resistor or something to bring the voltage down (as the bulb is bloody tiny!)

I'll get a scan up of the wiring diagram in the book tonight.

I've been meaning to sort one out to fit in the GT. Got a Toyota Starlet (UK EP91) electrical workshop manual as well :p Electrics are over my head though.

My fog light is a simple power in, earth out affair, but I had the idea of using the light up button as the foglight on indicator (required for MOT). My question is this; can I just splice off the power coming out of the switch (when on) and feed it into the switch illumination directly, or would it need a resistor or something to bring the voltage down (as the bulb is bloody tiny!)

Send the power out to the ill+ and come out from the ill- to your relayso when the lights are on, the switch will be on Edited by EP70-PT
  • 1 month later...

Any chance you could get that scan up Bluebear? I'm having a crack at this on the weekend.... Edited by westie