Speedo needle!!

Hey all. So I was changing the dial on my glanza and after putting the new dial on it seems my speedo needle no longer moves!! As you can imagine this is a slight problem! Now I took the dial back off and it still dosent work so I'm thinking I may have broke the motor for the needle? Anyone know if there's a way to fix this or can I buy just the needle motor? Or is it gonna be a whole new cluster jobby? Cheers guys

Edited by JaseTheTaff

Make sure the needle isn't touching the face mate clip it in gentle if all else fails, for now download a speedo app on your phone like speedometer, just to get you by for now, that way you still know how fast your going, I had to do it along time ago got some blue tac to back of phone and stuck the phone on the cluster plastic 👍🏻

Make sure the needle isn't touching the face mate clip it in gentle if all else fails, for now download a speedo app on your phone like speedometer, just to get you by for now, that way you still know how fast your going, I had to do it along time ago got some blue tac to back of phone and stuck the phone on the cluster plastic 👍🏻

Awesome thanks man👍🏼 Any idea if I can just get a motor for needle? I'm looking at clusters online but I don't know what to do about the miles on my clock. I'm guessing I'd have to change the miles on the new cluster

Edited by JaseTheTaff

There was definitely something on here not long again about putting the miles the same on a different cluster so I'm sure it can be done mate, never known about just getting a motor for the needle either but someone else might know the answer to this I was just giving you a tip with the phone app temporary for when you sort it out :-)

There was definitely something on here not long again about putting the miles the same on a different cluster so I'm sure it can be done mate, never known about just getting a motor for the needle either but someone else might know the answer to this I was just giving you a tip with the phone app temporary for when you sort it out :-)

Nice one I'll have a look! 👍🏼 Really appreciate the help though mate. I was gutted when the needle didn't move 😂 I got an app today so I'm sorted for now. I was thinking about getting a road angel at some point so I might just do that sooner. Thanks again buddy 👍🏼👍🏼

Edited by JaseTheTaff

Did you put the cable in???

no dude I didn't touch anything at the back of the clocks.

That's ok mate your soon learn very quick with these cars hope you get it sorted

As it turns out I fixed by doing what you said! I checked the needle and it managed to bend a bit of the plastic around the hole the needle goes though and where I'd pushed it to hard on it was stopping the needle from moving!

Thanks for the help though guys! :thumbsup: