How to connect wirres

I got my HU stolen the other day among the brutal tools the used were a set of plyers to cut all the original wirering behind the HU off. I went to the local breaker today and got my self. a new set of plugs with a bit of wire, but how to mount it to the orinigal wires.

As i see it i can eighter weld (is that the correct english word for melting small electical objects toghter?) it and isolate it with some of that isolation stuff that scrinks when heated...

or easyer but far from better i can use thoes small tubes where you put one wire in one end and the wire you want to connect in the other end, then close it with a pair of plyers

(please excuse my bad english vocabulary today... ask if something is impossible to read!)

NEVER use female to female type crimp connectors on anything. Even better, never use any of them type of connectors.There shite.

The wires will pull out, and even if they dont pull out, you will lose sound quality through the connection.

Same can be said for any type of wire.. earths, and live wires can pull out and you dont want that happening behind the dash do you :)

Allways do a proper job with wiring, solder and heatshrink it. Otherwise youll end up with a nasty bunch of connectors that you cant fit in spaces, look awfull and run the risk of dodgy connections.

NEVER use female to female type crimp connectors on anything. Even better, never use any of them type of connectors.There shite.

The wires will pull out, and even if they dont pull out, you will lose sound quality through the connection.

Same can be said for any type of wire.. earths, and live wires can pull out and you dont want that happening behind the dash do you :blink:

Allways do a proper job with wiring, solder and heatshrink it. Otherwise youll end up with a nasty bunch of connectors that you cant fit in spaces, look awfull and run the risk of dodgy connections.

bang on......well said,

also on a note find and use good earth or ground points...

as this can prevent sum major scares like i experienced... my alarm's immobliser starting itself while doing 60 down a dual carriage way in rush hour traffic.

bang on......well said,

also on a note find and use good earth or ground points...

as this can prevent sum major scares like i experienced... my alarm's immobliser starting itself while doing 60 down a dual carriage way in rush hour traffic.

;) One of them, crap ya pants, moments? :blink:

Yeah, if youre earthing to the body, allways scrape a bit of the paint off from under the earthing point.Just so it makes a nice clean contact :huh: