Imorting wheels from Japan

Hey guys

In the future i was planning on getting a set of wheels from Japan i would need to save up for this so wanting to know who people used and a rough price? I've imported smaller stuff so i know all about import tax etc. And it would probably be a set of sa3r's I'd be getting so from the auctions i can get a rough price on them too, so who have you used and how long has it taken? Will I really save on JDM tax that is applied in the UK?

Hey guys

In the future i was planning on getting a set of wheels from Japan i would need to save up for this so wanting to know who people used and a rough price? I've imported smaller stuff so i know all about import tax etc. And it would probably be a set of sa3r's I'd be getting so from the auctions i can get a rough price on them too, so who have you used and how long has it taken? Will I really save on JDM tax that is applied in the UK?

There are plenty of ways to get wheels at the correct prices, they are cheap in Japan but shipping can easily ruin that and import taxes as well lol. I use Jauce.com then go to a nice man I know that does all the bidding after I give him money. Then the shipping is the bit that can hurt lol but it all depends on how long you want to wait ? I normally go 48hr but that's after they have gone to the japan contact and then to the uk before getting sent to me. If they come over on a boat it's a lot cheaper but it takes ages. Then it's a 50:50 wether the import tax man wants his bit.

Basically it's easy and cheaper if you know the right people but they all have to charge a little for their part in it, that's the way of the world.

There are plenty of ways to get wheels at the correct prices, they are cheap in Japan but shipping can easily ruin that and import taxes as well lol. I use Jauce.com then go to a nice man I know that does all the bidding after I give him money. Then the shipping is the bit that can hurt lol but it all depends on how long you want to wait ? I normally go 48hr but that's after they have gone to the japan contact and then to the uk before getting sent to me. If they come over on a boat it's a lot cheaper but it takes ages. Then it's a 50:50 wether the import tax man wants his bit.

Basically it's easy and cheaper if you know the right people but they all have to charge a little for their part in it, that's the way of the world.

Hmmm Thanks Marc giving me a better understanding of things, like I said I would need to save up for it so if I did get a set I don't think I'd be in any great rush but as you said the boat takes ages. Need to get knowing the right people then :D