Shock absorber advice

As some will know I have gone from Stock shocks and Tein 40mm springs to BC racing coilovers and back to stock shocks but with RS*R 60mm springs instead.

Now I have an issue, as most will have already guessed the shocks are too soft and so with more than just me in the car the exhaust hits the axle and anymore people the tyres scrub constantly!

So I need advice on what shocks will be the best to go with the springs? I've looked and seen there's a few options but I'm not entirely clued up with what will be the best to go with them.

TAAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys both confirmed what I thought may have been the case!

The shocks shouldn't be dead as when I picked them up the guy swapped out the rear shocks for some shocks that he had just purchased! It was the same when I had the teins on the same shocks too much weight in the car and it's scrubbing, I do need to get an adjustable panhard I know that for sure, but just wondered if there was any decent shocks available!

Thanks guys both confirmed what I thought may have been the case!

The shocks shouldn't be dead as when I picked them up the guy swapped out the rear shocks for some shocks that he had just purchased! It was the same when I had the teins on the same shocks too much weight in the car and it's scrubbing, I do need to get an adjustable panhard I know that for sure, but just wondered if there was any decent shocks available!

Moral of the story, dont overload the car haha.

Moral of the story, dont overload the car haha. 

Haha that is very true! Although it was unexpected, I didn't realise I'd have 4 people in the car at the time xD

Last question, anyone know of any places around Sheffield/Rotherham that would be able to align the adjustable pan hard rod? Or is it easy enough to do on the driveway?

Go back to coilovers any shock and spring socks

That's the plan eventually, just not BC's this time round! I think they were worse as one of the rears may have been on its way out

Haha that is very true! Although it was unexpected, I didn't realise I'd have 4 people in the car at the time xD

Last question, anyone know of any places around Sheffield/Rotherham that would be able to align the adjustable pan hard rod? Or is it easy enough to do on the driveway?

I use my local tanvic for aligment as they have all the computerised gear. They can set the thrust angle too.

I've used ATS in Barnsley for a full four wheel alignment, was £65 and the guy who did it was into modified cars so set me the pan hard rod and the camber settings I wanted at the front. I'm sure there will be a decent ATS in Sheffield or Rotherham. There also used to be a guy at the back of Forgemasters in Sheffield that did Four Wheel alignment and was also around the £65 mark and had a Glanza himself. I can't remember his name but it's on a little industrial estate next to a van higher place. You turn right at the roundabout just after Forgemasters if your coming from Meadowhall, drive under a railway bridge, take your first left and it's on your right about a 1000 yards down the road. Also if your just wanting some temporary stiffer shocks I've got a full set with -40mm Apex Springs on that your welcome to have for free if you can be bothered to swap the Springs over. I'm in Barnsley if your interest just drop me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

I've used ATS in Barnsley for a full four wheel alignment, was £65 and the guy who did it was into modified cars so set me the pan hard rod and the camber settings I wanted at the front. I'm sure there will be a decent ATS in Sheffield or Rotherham. There also used to be a guy at the back of Forgemasters in Sheffield that did Four Wheel alignment and was also around the £65 mark and had a Glanza himself. I can't remember his name but it's on a little industrial estate next to a van higher place. You turn right at the roundabout just after Forgemasters if your coming from Meadowhall, drive under a railway bridge, take your first left and it's on your right about a 1000 yards down the road. Also if your just wanting some temporary stiffer shocks I've got a full set with -40mm Apex Springs on that your welcome to have for free if you can be bothered to swap the Springs over. I'm in Barnsley if your interest just drop me a PM.