had one on one of my GT's. ratios are shorter in 1st and 2nd, good for acceleration. final drive is not much different, maybe drops the revs by 200rpm compared to a C52/C56. I really like how it drove tbf!

Have to modify the shifter to get 6th gear and reverse though. just need to notch the plastic on the shifter housing slightly.

had one on one of my GT's. ratios are shorter in 1st and 2nd, good for acceleration. final drive is not much different, maybe drops the revs by 200rpm compared to a C52/C56. I really like how it drove tbf!

Have to modify the shifter to get 6th gear and reverse though. just need to notch the plastic on the shifter housing slightly.

As charlotte said - does drop the revs around 200-250 in 6th.

Definately the best gearbox swap to do!

Ok did you use the g6 shifter cables of the original starlet ones. What size wheels do you have on it just out if intrest.i am building it for sprint racing so top speed doesn't really bother me just trying to get the gear ratio best for acceleration. Would you say it gets to the top end in fourth and fifth easier as my NA struggles a bit in that respect thanks for your help

Ok did you use the g6 shifter cables of the original starlet ones. What size wheels do you have on it just out if intrest.i am building it for sprint racing so top speed doesn't really bother me just trying to get the gear ratio best for acceleration. Would you say it gets to the top end in fourth and fifth easier as my NA struggles a bit in that respect thanks for your help

Kept the starlet cables and the starlet shifter - just needed to make an adjustment to the inside of the shifter to allow it to move to the reverse position on the g6 box.

im running 16" wheels, im running a 6 speed box on a blitz k24 externally gated setup, which boosts earlier than a td04 but is a tad laggier than a ct9 hybrid, and it flies through the gears. It does feel like the engine feels better under load on the 6 speed box compared to the 5.

strangely, many persons have said its preferable to have longer ratios with turbo cars, especially when mods are done

in the past, many users searching for longer gearing, particularly when running in excess of 200bhp--seems this is also why the slightly longer 3rd/4th gear gt box is preferred over the ep91 box

all that aside, i have driven in a 6 speed ep91 with ct9 and it felt very good :D , though admittedly, the 1st gear was pretty much useless lol, but did it sound nice going up through the gears :thumbsup:

Yeah would make sense for a glanza to have longer gear ratio for higher power but on my little NA sprint car it is all about acceleration. There must be someone who has one on a NA. Cheers for all the advice people

can you give approximate speeds for the gears to rev limit?

On my gt with 15" wheels and stock rpm limit I get about 40 in first, 65 second, 90 third and fourth is off the clock so I don't know exactly - can't honestly remember if it hits speed cut before the limiter. It does get there very quick though.