4E-FE n/a exhaust manifold to turbo manifold?

IMG_20161209_232703_zpsjnjljv4z.jpg

Have anybody ever tested to make n/a steel exhaust manifold to a turbo manifold by changin the flange. We all know that cast iron turbo manifold is shit, specially third port. Can that thinner manifold hold hot gases enough. Thinkin to do some low budget turbo swap, I have all turbo parts from GT and few basic turbos CT12 from Starlet or Corolla2 and CT12 from Supra. Engine going to be n/a pistons, only outer parts like intake manifold gona be swapped, thermostat housing, modded oil pan, injectors, ECU, Map, etc...

I might wanna test "blow" one basic n/a 4E-FE engine, hopefully not, just for fun :) I know how to build good engine, but wanna try some other way for spare engine. Maybe coming to EP91 or EP70, later 5E-FTE with full different combo...

IMG_20161211_223321_zpsa6tqyqx9.jpg

Top n/a 4E-FE, middle 4E-FTE +CT12 and low CT12

IMG_20161211_223517_zpszint1atp.jpg

Exhaust comparsion, don't have downpipes yet, have to find flanges somewhere. Wasting my time, but curious to see how that exhaust manifold acts. Is this stupid idea right away to cut and weld new turbo flange?

• 2 months later...