hey another new member, my mum gave me her old '97 starlet as i passed a month or two back,

is sweet as!

its a another red...and a five door =s, but it runs me and the mates around!

just a few starter q's;

is the standerd radio when new a Sony one? and if so would it take two additional speakers on the parcel shelf? (cutting required!)

cheers guys

ive seen speakers in the shelf mate, so im guessing its fine.

but i'd recommend a new head unit (if its the old standard one) so it will give you more of a choice.. but im no ICE expert

Yea Galliano is dead on the standard head is a complete dog and since you sound like youre looking to run the speakers off the head rather than an amp you will need something a lot better. As for the parcel shelf try it out I cant say for sure but if you need to just bulk it up with some wood. Really depends on what speakers you go for. Although there are issues with squeaks on the parcel shelf in all starlets I think so add to it at your own peril lol. But obviously I havent gone to that stage so Im not an expert in the shelf ... yet.

ive seen speakers in the shelf mate, so im guessing its fine.

but i'd recommend a new head unit (if its the old standard one) so it will give you more of a choice.. but im no ICE expert

cheers, ill get myself down to halfords, just orderd me rims :blink: was thinking the classic red starlet, white accessories?

welcome mate...speakers in the parcel shelf are fine..as SR's have them...just dont go too big, otherwise yes, you will need to reinforce it!

Look forward to seeing some pics :blink:

Rob