Engine rebuild costs?

Hi

Fairly new to the scene, a general question as I'm looking to get my standard engine rebuilt, not looking for forging as I don't really need to and don't feel I can warrant the extra money on nice rods and pistons when I only plan on running a Tongs CT9. I'm sure you will all advise me just to forge it but really not interested in forging at the minute. May be something I consider later but I'm not interested in big power, rather spend the money making the rest of the car lighter and handle better.

Basically just wondering how much I can expect on labour to have my engine rebuilt? Literally just the rebuild no removal of the engine no parts just labour for the rebuild?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

The only reason we are all going to say go forge is simply the cost. For the ammount you will spend on oem parts new you won't be that far from forged parts. People still run ct9's on forged engines. I would try and find a broken engine and build it up least then you can still drive your car.

The only reason we are all going to say go forge is simply the cost. For the ammount you will spend on oem parts new you won't be that far from forged parts. People still run ct9's on forged engines. I would try and find a broken engine and build it up least then you can still drive your car.

Was just gunna leave the road and pistons so only replace rings and bearing ect I know people run the cr9's on a forged engine but I just don't feel the need as the standard engine will easily withstand the power I want I'm just worried things like rings ect are getting tired.

Was just gunna leave the road and pistons so only replace rings and bearing ect I know people run the cr9's on a forged engine but I just don't feel the need as the standard engine will easily withstand the power I want I'm just worried things like rings ect are getting tired.

Then get a compression test done

As said get a compression test this will help to make your decision. At the end of the day it's your money and car if your wanting it done. make sure all gaskets and other bits are genuine Toyota or u will be doing it again

Cheers to all the above I'm just after a rough idea of what people have paid just for rebuilds excluding parts just machining and building labour basically. I know my decisions might not be to everyone's taste but as said above it's my car and my money but do appreciate the advice!!

Edited by Cmoden92