Yup, Council suck, used to work for them and i was like "i could run this better"

our money goes towards the council employee's leaving at 12 on a friday and having "flexi time"

and in return we get burst strut towers and cracked screens

The council in my area tick me off as well. The top of my road was littered with pot holes and the general condition was shite but did they resurface the whole road??? NO!!!

Instead they did a shite patch up job and now it's like driving down a bouncey road.

Unfortunatley the council would most likley get waya with this unless it was covered in stones from the poor road surface. You could send a picture of the damage to your council and the road if it's poor to see where you get.

Hope you get it fixed bud

Bourkey

Well put it this way... the council are more interested in their stationary cupboards than the roads we drive on.... or stupid "projects" that benefit the community... and the just dont they are sooo thick in the head its unbelievable

You musta had a stonechip there anyway to have that happen,so if there was one then it's your own fault for not getting it repaired. I've had it happen on a fairly smooth piece of road before now.

As for the roads.....yep they are shite but if you don't like it then i'm afraid theres not a great deal you can do. :blink:

i work for the council....

sorry guys! but im only a temp!

hah, nah, the roads are ridiculous round here too! everything is being dug up, ramp here ramp there, speedbumps, roundabouts in ridiculous places... they're just trying to get rid of all of their budget right now because its the end of the financial year... and if the chief exec. finds out that they had all this money left over, their budget will be cut A LOT for the following financial year! i totally disagree with this, because as most of the comments above are stating, they could resurface all of the fucking roads couldnt they! but even though i do work for the council, i work in the business unit! helping businesses get started with grants etc, so im not all that bad i hope!

but yeah, the money could go towards treating people in hospitals etc, or dare i say it... schools!

Luke

youd have thought seeing as the Council workers have to drive to and from work, theyd have good roads to do so!..

But this sort of damage is considered "wear and tear" and the council workers get paid mileage, or get a "company car" for lack of a better word. which either way means they don't pay for the repairs