Hey guys asking on behalf of a friend he has a ep82 that has quite abit of work done to it but I noticed he's got flutter even tho his dump valve is fitted and when I looked closer the vacuum lines goes everywhere and anywhere lol and the DV is open when it should be shut does any one have a pick of where the vacuum lines are ment to go? He's had ac and boost solenoid removed and it's missing cam cover ATM so there isn't even away to start from beginning lol. Any help much appreciated cheers guys.

• 3 weeks later...

The flutter you hear is the internal waste gate of the turbo, which is normal if you have a front mount intercooler fitted without an external wastegate, the 'flutter' is from the acutuator and internal wastegate doing it's job.

A dump valve is what gets rid of excess boost/pressure when its not going into the intake manifold and engine after its passed the turbo.

An external turbo wastegate will minimise this; as it lets pressure off before it hits the turbo normally into a screamer pipe or atmosphere.

This is a pic of my 'plumbing' at a basic 220bhp level and it's spot on. by the way the Prosport sticker is not stuck on by me.

If the 'cam cover' aka rocker cover is missing and you have bought it without one then I highly suggest you check the timing & cam belt before trying to start it, even with it being a non-interference engine.

SVR8BlX.jpg

W319w8F.jpg

u2XSybH.jpg

8wF2HkH.jpg

NPQN1Zz.jpg

Edited by StanMan

The flutter is compressor surge from excess boost coming back through the turbo.

A sumo valve has a spring you can adjust the tension of so you can set how easy it opens, yours may be too tight atm.

Or you could just do away with the dump valve, I don't run one and have no issues

• 1 month later...