N/A boys and girls

im afraid to say sounds like a awfull dyno read. get it done at a dyno dynamics rr at an idependant unit, they will give you the figure, even if its not what you want to hear. alot of places give a higher reading that what actually is true to make you come back and use them again.

i use surrey rolling road as i know they dont fake figures..

i am not saying that is the definate of my car, i just wondered mainly what other peolpe were getting with what mods and just put mine as an example, but a lot of the other cars had been dynoed at other places such as a friends supra and he got less on the run at this place than he did at another i think he got about 214 from a n/a but i dont know, ill get it done another time when its had a few little goodys and see what happens hen at somewhere different.

mate...old dyno's like that, which are normally loaded up with water or something are so easy to play with..its like the yanks dyno readings... supra's over there are somehow making 150+BHP more on the same setup as ones here, and the yanks use lower grade fuel aswell....

1.5 5EFE Converted 1998 Starlet Sportif running a non-LSD GT Turbo gearbox with corolla inlet manifold and a backbox.

103.8hp @ 5445rpm

105.6lb ft @ 4556rpm

this was its third run on the RR but the first since ive owned it it has been getting consistent power figures throughout of in and around 100hp.

i think that some rolling roads are a bit ambitious because my car eats 1.3N/As and i wouldnt expect any bigger figures from my car considering the mods on a 89hp standard engine.

1.5 5EFE Converted 1998 Starlet Sportif running a non-LSD GT Turbo gearbox with corolla inlet manifold and a backbox.

103.8hp @ 5445rpm

105.6lb ft @ 4556rpm

this was its third run on the RR but the first since ive owned it it has been getting consistent power figures throughout of in and around 100hp.

i think that some rolling roads are a bit ambitious because my car eats 1.3N/As and i wouldnt expect any bigger figures from my car considering the mods on a 89hp standard engine.

Thats due to the better torque range mate :D you have to remember the internal setup of the engine is what really matters i.e. stroke and bore.

Take the 3S-GE lump for instance roughly 160-170 BHP however the same engine but with the economy head 3S-FE roughly 140 BHP but with better torque throughout the rev range. Then you have the 5S-FE (total piece of cack in N/A form) 135BHP maximum due to the longer stroke, it probably has more torque than the 3S-FE but due to the engine being a stroked version of a Squared (Equal bore and stroke) setup its going to lack power up the rev range. Even if you manage to put the 3S-GE head onto it you won't see much of an improvement.

I'm not saying that the 5E lacks revs or anything because I have never experianced one. I'm just saying that the internal setup of the engine will define how it performs on the road. :D

Power figures do not ultimatly define what the outcome will be.