Hiya all

I have bought the following item (cheap and cheerful i know lol)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MANUAL-BOOST-CONTROL...1QQcmdZViewItem

Having fitted it I found nowhere for the 3 branch valve to fit, I have fitted it the same as the mickey mouse one already on there from when I bought it. The car runs about 11 PSI on the guage. The valve before did not seem to do anything and this one seems the same :S

I'm thinking the 3 Branch valve must make a difference, any suggestions where this would be fitted and what would the 3rd pipe be branched too?

Help if you can. Thanks in advance :)

thats a universal kit mate. it supplies all parts needed for almost all applications, jsut because it doesnt fit your needs doesnt mean you have to use it. lol.

all you need is the bleed valve mate.

Fair enough lol i figured it was universal fitment, but I'd think he boost should still have some sort of adjustment with he new valve fited :)

Anything else I could chek as to why the boost could not be adjusted???

Thanks in Advance for any help :)

Erm...I have the same one from the same guy and it came with perfectly clear instructions. The 3 branch valve goes between turbo and actuator with the arrow pointing to wastegate actuator, and then you plumb in some vacuum hose coming off of that to the adjustment device (the nipple with the arrow on it) and the other nipple you vent to atmosphere. Took literally 5mins to fit lol.

easy enough to do mate put one of these on my mates car.

Dont use the T piece unless you want high and low mode.

I you dont want it dont use it then al you do is run a pipe from the wastegate to the boost controller and then one back into the actuator simple has that.

Ifc you want your high and low PM me and i'll tell u how to do it has i will forget about this thread

easy enough to do mate put one of these on my mates car.

Dont use the T piece unless you want high and low mode.

I you dont want it dont use it then al you do is run a pipe from the wastegate to the boost controller and then one back into the actuator simple has that.

Ifc you want your high and low PM me and i'll tell u how to do it has i will forget about this thread

Just read this lol not too concerned about the LOW Boost, don' really use it, but thought I may be able to adjust the boost on the turn hread on the valve :)

you dont need the T piece mate that will make your turbo not relase noothing i.e your wastegate won't open and your turbo will just keep boosting to like 30psi plus do exactly what i sasid i can draw a diagram if you want

Actuall i'll edit yours be right back

BOOSTSETUP.jpg

NOTE: I MOVED THE ARROW JUST TO SHOW YOU WHERE THE WASTEGATE PLUMS INTO IF THE ARROW WAS WHERE YOU PUT IT ORIGINALLY THEN THE WASTEGATE PLUMS THERE. YOU WILL KNOW IT'S THE WRONG WAY ROUND HAS YOUR CAR WONT BOOST ALOT IF IT DOSE THIS THEN JUST PLUM THEM IN THE OTHER WAY

sorry bout caps just making my point hehe

all that extra piece of tubing is doing, is making an extra vent for the pressure.

the starlet already has one, its that little pipe that comes up the side of the pulley cover.

having another one will make it, in my opinion, less than reliable and would be liable to spike.

montana, wait till youre running 1 bar and see how well it holds then.

it should be done, the way that spoon has said.

Yeah I have an HKS actu. but the diagram he made himself is the way they recommend it to be fitted. And thats exactly how I did it lol.

Not jumping to any conclusions here but i dont think your boost controller is working and the actuator is giving you the 10psi. easy way to know with mbc they draw air so wen u put your foot down what ever your actuator is set to it will boost at then the mbc will increase more a bit later in the rev range thats why its not recomended to use an mbc with a hks actuator has this is kinda a form of boost creep.

all that extra piece of tubing is doing, is making an extra vent for the pressure.

the starlet already has one, its that little pipe that comes up the side of the pulley cover.

having another one will make it, in my opinion, less than reliable and would be liable to spike.

montana, wait till youre running 1 bar and see how well it holds then. you have it setup the way you should do on a single port actuator, which would be fine if the starlet didnt use a twin port actuator. you need to change it

it should be done, the way that spoon has said.

It cannot be my HKS actuator. I took the responsibility off of the actuator by unwinding it basically as far as it goes. I went out for a test drive with it like this, so actuator completely wound out and MBC turned off and I had no boost. I then turned the MBC two clicks and its running bang on 10psi. I'm not arguing, but its strange it works!

by the way, dunno if this is important, but I'm not running hi/lo boost, fuk that shiz.

edit; furthermore, my brother is running the same MBC on his GT4 and we have set it to 15psi and again, we followed the above directions (like in the turbosmart pdf) and it holds his boost spot on, no spikes, no drop off @ high revs - nowt.