^^^^5psi a click thats a hell of alot TBH

ive installed one of those exact boost controllers on my friends glanza and have installed several other ones and i do them all that way and they all work perfcect.

Dunno why your car is not spiking like a mental person but if it works it works but i advice it to be done the way i posted

Well it would only take 2secs to switch it over to the way you have it down, but then whats the point of the T piece then? (Obviously so you can have lengthier cable to stick the controller in the cabin) but like, I'm confuzzed.

it's to run high and low on a standard actuator you have to vacum lines what you do is t piece the high vacum line and then put the other pipe(the atmosphere one) into the low vacume line the one on the side of your block

or

you put the t piece into the actuator joining high and low vacum lines and then connect it up has i stated which eliminates the need for the vacum pipe on the side of the block.

On another note LOW RED if you have a standard actuator and can't be bothered to T piece like i said (the 2nd one) you ned to block the low vacum line you can just put a bolt into the line and it won't work or your controller will just play up and not work

for use on single port actuators. which the starlet doesnt have ^^

Ah yes the standard actuator is dual port, but the HKS one is single port, is that why mine works - 'because I have a HKS?

EDIT: When fitting my brothers we had to block the VSV valve coming off of his actuator as his was a twinport actuator. Think I understand know lol. But I have a HKS actuo, hence why mine is working.

BOOSTSETUP.jpg

Oh fuck this. I tried fitting it your way like above, and it did not work. Only boosted 8psi and no matter how many clicks I did it would not increase (so obviously actuator was controlling boost). So I swapped the hoses over like you said, so tried both variations of the above and it does the same thing! I'm gonna rip the whole thing off tomorrow!

Before I fitted this MBC using my HKS actuator alone I could run 11psi and it would hold it properly til redline. The way I had this MBC setup before (i.e. venting to atmosphere) made it run 10psi but it would drop off to about 6/7 at over 5500 revs. And with it plumbed in that way, a single click upwards would make me hit fuel cut so I could not run my beloved 11psi. I miss being able to run 11psi constantly, hate this 7-10psi depending what you rev it to bollocks.

So, moral of the story, a HKS actuator is actually better than an eBay MBC for controlling boost and a spur of the moment decision to buy a £15 MBC for no real reason, is ill advised.

Grrr... :)

hahaha yea cheap mbc never work lol

you get a better response if you just use you hks act it will spin uo to your desired boost quicker has the mbc isnt there to draw air and delay it. so u set actuator to 11psi easy enough done so has soon has u put foot down 11psi and your away