Hey guys .. thought I'd give you a little insight into my build . Many of you know this car already it has been passed about abit🙄 I brought the car in march needing issues sorting !

Firstly I insured the car last month thinking I could drive it around but I was wrong I took it for a spin and immediately started smoking blue .. there was oil around the turbo inlet and to top that off on the way home the head gasket went between 1-2 sooo I had the head skimmed new valve stems cosmitic mls and arp bolts so I started the rebuild got it running and the head sized (cams) no oil pressure.i know some of you would say did the oil light come on well no the bulb was out. Anyway lucky took the cams out and they were free had it all checked out and all is good as for the oil pressure problem turns out the oil cooler and filter relocate pipes were the wrong way around .. so that's them 2 issues sorted now to the turbo turns out the exhaust impeller was lettting in oil so I brought a new td04L..

Now I brought the car with a forged mrk1 ft engine in with NO proff but since the head rebuild that has now confirmed its forged 😬

Another issue was no gearbox oil and I run it for 60 miles without any in apparently it has a cusco lsd and it is really noisy when cornering I've put new oil in and a friction modifier .

The car cam with 12 months mot but shouldn't of passed 😂 All 4 shocks leaking

No bulb in n/s head lamp no battery tie down 2rear tires down to canvas

Role bar gaters none existent no fuel cap .

Yeah I know why bother well I didn't wanna break it ..

I have sorted the issues out now so it's completely road worthy .

I'm looking at getting 280bhp over the next few months so any tips are welcome the car mods are as follows....

Forged engine by Chris bover

Wossner pistons

Scat h beam rods

Cosmitic mls

Arp bolts

Acl bottom end

Crank polished

New belts and oil/water pumps

Zep racing ecu

Jperformance inter mani and decat

Tdo4

Greddy fmic sard fpr

Half rad

D2 coilovers

Rota grids

Inside stripped out

Exhaust system is mixed and matched so will be looking for another

Standard breaks also looking for something better

Please excuse my spelling 😬

0A9FF69F-54AC-4517-9C32-BAD7D7823796_zps

• 3 weeks later...

Did extending the shifter by that much make a difference ? Looking to do mine shortly and i want quite a short throw

Yeah I extended mine by 20mm but doing that meant I needed a lot of spaces for the shifter housing

Yeah I extended mine by 20mm but doing that meant I needed a lot of spaces for the shifter housing

Okay cool will look at doing it

Very nice looking car by the way. Im liking them wheels. Although id have to sort that fmic out.. looks to be sat over to the nearside a lot more ?

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

Okay cool will look at doing it

Very nice looking car by the way. Im liking them wheels. Although id have to sort that fmic out.. looks to be sat over to the nearside a lot more ?

It's smack bang in the middle but it low the bottom of the intercooler comes past the bottom of the bumper
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...