information on hks actuater

What current mods do you have?

Fitting a fuel cut defender will lift the fuel cut but its not a good thing unless you have fueling mods to prevent it from running lean.

cool i see what you mean, well mods on it so far are:

b-spec 2 boost controller

blitz dump valve

HKS Mushroom Filter

blitz turbo timer

decat screamer pipe

custome back box (not full system)

and a new ct9 only done abt 9000 miles,

before you fit that FCD i would recommend a HKS actuator to replace the weak oe one (unless you changed the actuater with the turbo, even so i'd still consider it :p ) and some sort of fuel control like a SARD rising rate fuel pressure reg.

it would also be worth your while having the car setup on a rolling road to get the fuelling right.

i see, well the car come with a HKS acuator, and a HKS Fuel Defender, but only little problem is fitting them im not to sure hot to do it? lol, and another thing thermostat will need to get changed, is it the same as the normal 1.3 starlet. thanks

fit the actuator first by following this guide :p

http://www.dubse7en.co.uk/starlet/hksactuator.pdf

set the actuator for 0.8 bar and don't use the FCD until you've sorted the fuelling mods out.

as for the stat, i honestly don't know. but it's easy to get the correct parts for these cars nowadays thanks to the cars' increased popularity.

nice one mate, i got a pro tech b boost controller, so do i really need the acuator??

it may but its not gauranteed. its a good item to have there anyway, as dub has said the stock item can be pretty poor.

its piss easy to fit too mate so its worth a go.

what boost are you trying to run at the minute?

well do you have a gauge to see what your actually boosting?

if the actuator doesnt help things and its fuel cutting because of creep then porting the wastegate may be a good option.

basically when the turbo reaches its desired boost pressure the actator pulls the wastegate arm to open the wastegate (that is basically a hole) to divert the exhaust gases (which is what spins your turbo) out of the wastegate and away from the turbo blades, stopping the boost from rising past the desired amount. if the wastegate hole is too small the gases cant escape away from your turbo quick enough and so boost presure continues to rise.

porting the wastegate is making that hole a little bigger to allow more gases to be diverted and so you get more controlled boost.

sounds a little complicated but its not really.

its the hole on the right mate

IMG_4448.jpg