Average Speed Cameras

Sorry but i can't see how repeatedly glancing at your speedo is safe.

Im in agreement with Rubix on this one. WE get taxed left right and centre for stupid things and this is just another form of tax. I live in Manchester where they are wanting to try congestion charging. I can't see it working as the government don't understand that a good 95% of people who drive do it because they have to not because they want to.

My 2p anyway.

Bourkey

hmm those articles are always written like a tabloid newspaper,

theres is some truth in it somewhere but they always have a habit of exagerating beyond belief.

I highly doubt that this is gonna be on every single road in britain, imagine the costs.

Im proud of Being English/British for what England was ages ago.

But if people keep leaving like they say or are then there will be knowone left to to pay the things which will mean theyll probably go up more. Like i said Britain will destroy itself over time and these silly cunts who do it will go down in history for being cunts.

2 words - Population Control. they want to get more people off the road to cut conjestion. also these people will properly pump more money into the goverement by having to take there driving lessons/test again.

there is a advantage to this, less traffic!

but too many downsides to list!

just my 2p of course

A question still remains about these for me especially since I know they have them in Northern Ireland and they're actually near me lol. I'm still on R plates and technically restricted to 45mph on any road but will these cameras actually be able to tell that? So say I'm doing 50mph past a set of these cameras will I get a fine and points or will it do nothing because I'm under 60mph?

gud question man

but i would believe that it all depends how sophisticated the computer system behind them is going to be and what information that system can acess....... sumthing very powerful with access to vehicle registration and driver data could

do that.... that kind of system would be insane expensive imo

gud question man

but i would believe that it all depends how sophisticated the computer system behind them is going to be and what information that system can acess....... sumthing very powerful with access to vehicle registration and driver data could

do that.... that kind of system would be insane expensive imo

It would be shittingly expensive but bearing in mind the amount of tax were paying on petrol and also the amount of fines they would pick up I would say the government can justify the expense. And I dont really think that in the grand scheme of the government it would be that huge a expense since the database is already there and I'm fairly sure they can recognise a number plate so a quick search for convincted drivers, uninsured drivers, untaxed cars, R drivers wouldnt be beyond them.

most cameras cause more accidents than stop them... but these average ones may cut how many accidents actually occur...

this may be a good idea for such places as 'Rubix_Cube' mentioned, but it is just one other money making schemes to add to all their other money making schemes... the amount of money the government creats is astonishing...and what can you actually say they've spent money on that's actually good ? fuck all, don't know about you lot, but around here, we have really fucking stupid/pointless pieces of crap art... and they keep rippin' money off the hard working people... by any means necessary - i dont agree with smoking, but smokers have been hit - their costing more and more, petrol prices rising, all this new car tax bollocks, alcohol prices rise... and i think someone mentioned before, it won't be long before they start taxing us to breathe ;-)... i really would NOT put it past them!

but as someone else mentioned in this thread... driving around without a licence plate on is such a great idea - you get a lot less shit out of it lol. so thats the tip for the future, fuck the government, rip your licence plates off. end of.

Damn you can't even switch lanes between cameras anymore :p what a shame no one will do anything about it except moan

Teneriffe sounds nice, warm all year round, friendly locals, probably earn a better living working in a bar over there anyway. I wounder if they have any Glanza's over there :)

hmm... so not only has road tax gone up, petrols gone up, my income tax has gone up (yet my mother with a much higher wage, around 2-3 times more than me actully pays less tax per year now and I pay around 200 a yer more.)

I can't wait to get out of this country.

I just find it funny how the people complaining about the speed camera's obviously hate them for a reason. The speed cameras will be a good idea, cause now you CAN'T just brake before the camera...

Yes but if it measures your average speed and everyone on the motorway is doing 69 mph how the hell are you supposed to overtake, turn off when in the middle lane or outside, let someone off a slip road by moving out into the middle lane... Brake so your going slower than the inside lane or slower than the faster moving traffic?

Makes perfect sence that, that will definatly cure congestion on our roads, take a look at the m25 dartford tunnle bound at 7:30 pm Saturday between a20 and a2 everyone is doing 50mph so the traffic just piles up then as you get passed the a2 junction its fine (well except in rush hour we the whole of the south east is trying to get into essex).

If the germans can manage to make it work without speed limits, without tolls, without road tax - why can't we?

Answer - We must like having something to moan about, wouldn't be brittish otherwise would it. :) :angry:

people are so misinformed...like only 30% of Motorways in Germany are de-restricted....and even so, they can be restricted in bad weather conditions. And there are Toll Roads (what do you think the Nordschliefe is? It's a Public Toll Road). I'm not sure on the road Taxes, but there must be something...their roads are known to be absolutely impeccable...which makes you think...

Where the hell are all the Speeding fine, Road Tax monies going to...Britains Roads and Infrastructure? HAhahahahahah, no

And even the de-restricted roads are under pressure in Germany. Stretches of previously unrestricted roads are being taken down to from what I understand.

Anyway, as for our problems in Blighty, does anyone else think the same as me - that you'll just see a huge rise in cloned vehicles, or people running without number plates??

I've always advocated that speed doesn't kill, and on a motorway/dual carriageway? Give me strength!