Bonnet exit exhaust legality?

Its definitely a good question I'll look into the mot tester manual now.give me 15min

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles

From what I can see it's just sharp edges and emissions so cat related. But I've read alot of info on here about imports and emissions 

Edited by Sam44
6 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Its definitely a good question I'll look into the mot tester manual now.give me 15min

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles

From what I can see it's just sharp edges and emissions so cat related. But I've read alot of info on here about imports and emissions 

That’s  all I could find too if I’m honest as long as it’s not petruding outside a surface to far I don’t see the problem, granted it would be fairly loud on boost but the turbo would keep it quiet on idle etc 

Emissions Wise the grey area is on this flowchart from the Gov. GT Turbos can get away with it because they are all pre 1995. They have NO UK Equivalent.
So you have to run a Pre-CAT Test. Which you'll pass easy peasey. Glanza's though, your fucked. Go buy your tester a beer.

""

As for the other danger. If the exhaust/screwed was level with the bonnet surface you might get away with it, if it sticks out though, id say your fucked, as its sharp/hot/dangerous to people. Comes down to the Police Officers choice imo, they wouldn't be happy with it I guarantee it!

41 minutes ago, Socks said:

Emissions Wise the grey area is on this flowchart from the Gov. GT Turbos can get away with it because they are all pre 1995. They have NO UK Equivalent.
So you have to run a Pre-CAT Test. Which you'll pass easy peasey. Glanza's though, your fucked. Go buy your tester a beer.

""

As for the other danger. If the exhaust/screwed was level with the bonnet surface you might get away with it, if it sticks out though, id say your fucked, as its sharp/hot/dangerous to people. Comes down to the Police Officers choice imo, they wouldn't be happy with it I guarantee it!

Thanks for the reply I know it goes down to tester etc he said something about if I use the gt engine I have and get it papered as having that in I’d skip then full car test due to year but yeah depends what Thepolice officer is feeling like 🤣