Installed 15'' wheels, alignment messed up

Hi guys, I recently bought some 15 inch replica BBS wheels for my 1998 Starlet but now that they're installed, the steering wheel is slightly off centered towards the left, if I center it, the car pulls to the right. I don't have hub centric rings as I bought these second hand. Would I need to get an alignment done after I get hub centric rings on? 

Also, while measuring, would I be correct that the center bore of the hub is 54mm? Do I need to get 54.1-56.1 or 56.1-54.1? Sorry about the questions I've never had to do this until now so still learning

115804398_3128292790590801_7236634069006613105_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=4OvgYn-QKokAX9FVg77&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru1-1.fna&oh=0fbdf1a2fe7fa17916974b63942458c7&oe=5F3E5BD9

Edited by RWDM47

I would check that all the alloys are the same size (width and diameter) same offset (ET??), the tyres are the same size and that the tyres are in good condition and evenly worn (not worn on one edge and full tread on the other.) All of these could affect the steering.

You should get spigot rings, the sizes are the outside diameter of the ring and the inside diameter of the ring. You can't buy a spigot ring to make an alloy centre bore bigger 😉.

54.1mm is car hub size (I/D or internal diameter of ring), alloy centre bore (O/D or outside diameter of ring) size will vary by manufacturer so measure or check if your alloys are stamped with the measurement.

20200724_081801.jpg

7 hours ago, Claymore said:

I would check that all the alloys are the same size (width and diameter) same offset (ET??), the tyres are the same size and that the tyres are in good condition and evenly worn (not worn on one edge and full tread on the other.) All of these could affect the steering.

You should get spigot rings, the sizes are the outside diameter of the ring and the inside diameter of the ring. You can't buy a spigot ring to make an alloy centre bore bigger 😉.

54.1mm is car hub size (I/D or internal diameter of ring), alloy centre bore (O/D or outside diameter of ring) size will vary by manufacturer so measure or check if your alloys are stamped with the measurement.

20200724_081801.jpg

Tyres seem fine and same size, I've ordered some 56.1-54.1mm rings should arrive within a few days to 2 weeks, was a bit hard to find that size but got there in the end. I have badly measured it though, When I used my calliper measurer (if that's the right name) I seem to have read 53.1 for the hub and 55.1 for the wheel, do you automatically have to add an extra mm when you measure? It was probably just me badly measuring it but since I was only 1mm off for the hub, i'm assuming I was 1mm off for the wheel and I'll give it a shot hopefully. Thank you. Yeah I wasn't sure in the order to get 54.1-56.1 lol, unless you drill the wheel maybe? I'm new to modifying so I still have PLENTY of things to learn, my celica already came with TSW wheels and rings for them so I never had to figure out.

Celica pic.jpg

5 hours ago, Claymore said:

Hope the rings work out, don't forget to start a build thread in the EP91 section. We all like reading about cars being modded / repaired.

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Cheers, once I've figured out the issue I'll be sure the start a thread on there saying what it was :) I'm thinking on keeping this for a while anyways, feels good to have cheap insurance and petrol costs for once lol.

6 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Until you turbo it! 

ahaha yeah most likely but I still have very little knowledge about what needs to be done and how to do such things to install a turbo on an N/A car :p would probs need to hire someone to do the labour and I've no idea how much that would 😂