Hi there - basically my car (96 Glanza V, stock engine, decat, exhaust and blitz k1 turbo), sat in my garage for 2 years only getting started and warmed up now and then. I did a fresh oil change before it was parked up so the oil did basically zero miles. The car is back on the road now but I noticed that when I checked the oil level on the dip stick, the oil stinks of fuel. I put that down to it sitting stationary for a long time so I drained the oil and flushed it thoroughly before refilling with fresh oil & filter.

I've driven a couple hundred miles and the fresh oil is also now smelling of fuel - can anyone shed some light on why this may be? 

The engine runs amazing, compression tested today at 165-170 psi across all 4 cylinders - I just can't think other than say an injector stuck fully open (if this is even possible) how fresh oil could stink of fuel so soon after a change. I'd have expected ring lands or valve issues to show up during the compression test, but like I say I'm at a loss. The spark plug threads did have a bit of oil on them so I'm guessing the seals need replaced, as well as a leak from the rocker cover. The plugs themselves didn't look to be rich, in fact I'd say they looked on the leaner side.

Cheers, Kev.

Edited by batbo

So oils can start to smell after awhile. Rich conditions would start to show on the plugs straight away, the only way to be sure it's fuel is to send a sample off to be tested. 

Do a blink code read out. 

Ring lands can be a bugger to pick up on. The best tests would be a crank case pressure test using an old school monometer at higher rpm, or cylinder hydrolic test this will definitely show up piston seal issuse.

• 2 weeks later...