Glanza gearbox (non lsd) input shaft play.

I've bought a second hand Glanza gearbox and was giving it a clean up and checking it over and have noticed some play in the input shaft.

If you pull the input shaft in and out (end float) it moves approximately 1mm total movement,

If you pull and push it up and down (radial) it moves about the same, 1mm total.

In the past, gearboxes from another manufacturer I've used had minimal end float and about 1-3mm radial movement.

So my question is does anyone have a good C56 gearbox in their garage they can inspect to see if this movement is normal for a used box. Or is it more likely that it will need a rebuild?

Also, do I need the glanza sandwich plate or is the N/A plate ok to use? Any help / advice greatly received. :thumbsup:

Don't worry about it too much mate. I've had a chat with a couple of gearbox re-builders and they confirmed pretty much what I thought. Based on the symptoms they believed it would be worn bearings at least and that the input shaft shouldn't move in and out or up and down.

I've returned it for a refund.