Sourcing an engine/parts

Right mofo's, I know scutch has swapped his engine and someone else has a 5efe in their sr. Where did you source your engines from and what sorta prices am I looking at?

I'm considering another 4efe as mine has done big miles, or mabye just another cylinder head and rebuild the top end with sera cams and shims while im at it.

Or the other option is a 5efe depending on cheapness, and obv a turbo is an option but in reality i cant afford the later one (never stopped me before :lol: )

any info would be good guys. Cheers

Stevie.

yea there are a few jap dismantlers around heathrow airport that charge 150-200 for a 5efe seo engine delivered to your door,

its the logical choice as mostly everythin is plug and play,

speak to gerrard, im sure he could persuade you bro,

yea there are a few jap dismantlers around heathrow airport that charge 150-200 for a 5efe seo engine delivered to your door,

its the logical choice as mostly everythin is plug and play,

speak to gerrard, im sure he could persuade you bro,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just have! you got any contact numbers or website for the breakers mate?

just stick to the internal coiled 4e/5efe engines and you'll be fine. i learned the hard way with the fhe.

the only thing you may want to consider is that even though the 5efe has more power i think it is a longer stroke engine than the 4e... so it will probably be a little less revvy than 4e, also ive heard that the gen2 paseo ecu has a slightly lower rev limit.

i dont know for certian so i could be wrong!!

the 5efe with fhe cams would be a nice upgrade, especially as you can get 4 to 1 performance exhaust manis for the 5e from ebay usa for £100

4 branch inlet mani, and that'll be a nice lil package.

Rich.

lol,

@wylo,

if you can find a decent news agents they should stock a mag called used car parts mart,

it gives an index of all jap dismantlers in the country so,

then its just a case of phonin around mate:)

if you get totaly stuck i could hunt out a copy?

Right cheers guys. I'll rake out used car parts mart and get on the blower!

Think the 5efe with fhe cams is the way forward. Gerard used the 4efe wiring loom which makes life alot easier. I presume the 5efe ecu uses the same plug yeah?

I might finally get this car finished off!! :lol:

the 5efe with fhe cams would be a nice upgrade, especially as you can get 4 to 1 performance exhaust manis for the 5e from ebay usa for £100

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just thought i'd mention, a mate of mine ordered one of these for his seo and it was hitting the sump, had to take it to "sounds of silence" in boness to rebend it for him so they are NOT a straight fit incase anyone goes out to buy one!! Says it makes a hell of a lot difference though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
lol,

@wylo,

if you can find a  decent news agents they should stock a mag called used car parts mart,

it gives an index of all jap dismantlers in the country so,

then its just a case of phonin around mate:)

if you get totaly stuck i could hunt out a copy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried loads of places for this. no chance!!! :huh: