Glanza Queries?

Ok, me Robbo and Jason have been discussing about Glanzas... and we have a few queries.

1. ABS, does a Glanza come Standard with ABS?

I thought they did, im pretty sure the Ltd Edition lightweight version didnt though.

2. LSD, what Starlets come with LSD's.... ive seen some advertised saying "LSD As standard" but i didnt know about this?

Anyone that can shed some light is a legend, cheers! :)

i think they come standard with central locking not sure about remote central locking though,as for suspension as far as im aware the suspension should be inter change able between any ep91 starlet as all the chassis should be the same,the difference is the ride height and stiffness between the glanza and sportif springs

harrison? isn't that a surname?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possibly, but its my first name, so either harry or harrison will be fine.

ye they have central locking as standard but not remote, obviously.

the LSD was purely an optional extra, or aftermarket. if they have them they wont always tell you on the door, just because its only a sticker which is obviously easily forgotten about and easy to peel off/fall off etc.

if it was remote then it was fitted in japan as an extra, not an option, will be aftermarket or just a requested aftermarket extra from the dealer it was sold from, not fitted from the factory as a standard item.

cars in japan never came with alarms, immobilisers or remote central locking, well, apart from recent ones anyway. Evo's, skyline's, subaru's etc all use just a metal key, nothing more. i believe the punishments for nicking a car over there are alot more severe over there than they are here.

I've seen a few with aftermarket systems but usually they're fitted crap anyway.

that was learnt from working in an sva import centre for over a year, so i certainly did work with/experience/hoon around in more than my share of imports.

but yeah, central locking was standard i believe, and it dont cost much to make it remote. :)

Is yours a UK model?

For the third time, it wasn't a factory thing in japan, would've purely been a dealer extra (to attract buyers, obviously), but all depends where it was originally sold.

UK models are different entirely, immob/remote central locking etc is more of a selling point over here, whereas the japs get other goodies.