Getting Rid of a JAMS FCD

Evening guys,

Got my car back today as its just had a new engine fitted, I never noticed this until i got home but i noticed that the car can sometimes overboost by a mile.. and im talking it boosting to around 1.5 bar +!! The car has a JAMS FCD fitted which has to be causing the overboosting and i want rid of it ASAP.

My question is how can i remove it and is it easy to do? And if i do remove it what boost will i be running? I dont really see the point in a FCD, why not just buy an EBC and then you can be sure of what boost you are running?

Any help much appreciated as usual :angry:.

Rob

EDIT: Another reason why i want rid is because its making my clutch slip when it overboosts.

Can vac lines or the air filter really make it overboost if not connected properly? Il have a look around the engine bay tomorrow mate and check everything out and let you know if i discover anything, not too sure what im looking for if im honnest, il just check all pipework.

F*cking annoying this i just want to enjoy the car.

Really appreciate the reply mate.

Rob

if the vac line from the turbo to the actuator (the little curved one) isnt sealing or has a crack, youll be overboosting like a pro.

also the extra breathing capacity youve given the engine via the zorst and the filter can cause the turbo to blow more than it can deal with and overboost.

plug up the niple on the back of the actuator and try that. that should drop the boost to about .5 bar to get you by .

Howdy,

If you remove the FCD you'll have the pleasure off constantly hitting fuel cut, which is bare annoying! The FCD wouldn't be causing you to create any more boost, rather allowing you to go past the built in safety measure (fuel cut) which is around 12/13psi.

Chances are, your exhaust and air filter are allowing the turbo to take in/get rid of more air than standard, hence why you're over boosting so badly. But 1.5Bar is quite a lot of creep! Might be a leak somewhere, which is what I'd check for.

Also, in regard to an EBC - it is not a definate remedy. With an EBC fitted you would still most likely hit fuel cut/ over boost mate. As has been stated many times, one solution is to port the wastegate, restricting the inlet or exhaust. OR; you could just man up and run 1Bar with supporting mods! lol

Just a quick check actually, you definately see 1.5Bar? I don't think the CT9 is even capable of that mate...sure its not 15psi?!

Ok mate thanks for that, il deffinatly have a look around and check the piping etc in the morning and get back on here and update you.

Just had a look at my boost gauge and i crnt say it was 1.5 bar, I only saw the gauge for a millisecond as it overboosted at the time, but it was more like 1.2 bar at the least!

If i dont find any leaks etc anywhere then what other causes could there be?

Regards

Rob

chances are it will be one of those 2 mate, if its not, come back and ill scratch my head some more.

and Chris, ct9s can flow alot of air, just not efficiently.

there was a dude is australia who was running 28PSI on a stock ct9...

chances are it will be one of those 2 mate, if its not, come back and ill scratch my head some more.

and Chris, ct9s can flow alot of air, just not efficiently.

there was a dude is australia who was running 28PSI on a stock ct9...

Oh my lord...surely it would just be glowing white-hot and inlet temps would be ridik? I know anything past 1.2Bar is inefficient, didn't think they'd even be capable of 1.5Bar +. You learn something new everyday eh ?! Get mine setup with JAM FCC and rrfpr on 1.7Bar ftwz? :angry:

As far as i can see (and ive checked everywhere) there doesnt appear to be any leaks anywhere, Ive changed one of two hoses as they was afew holes in them but thats about it.

I dont really fancy bunging up the nipple on the actuator just to get me by mate, Its an everyday car and really needs to be right, plus i cant get my big fat hands down there anyway lol.

Im confused...

Rob