ive tried looking for the appropriate section to post this in. . . and i think this is it.

im 18 and next year il be looking at a starlet turbo.

ive been a member of this forum for a while now and im constantly checking for new starlets that are up for sale.

Ive been put off the ep82 becuase of the age, yet the majority of them seem to have less miles than the newer glanza model.

are there reliability problems with the older models,due to age??

also, if theres anyone thats 19, with 1 or 2 NCB, could you possibly tell me how much your insurance set you back.

cheers :angry:

how could i be sure of this, as most cars up for sale have only been in the country for a year/couple years.

do most cars come with service history from jap/england etc?

some come with full history, you just have to make sure not to be confused with miles/kilometers though with imports

Yea at your age you will struggle with insurance for a Glanza :D

GT's are fine though, they dont rust and are very reliable when looked after so thats your best bet :D

Its hard to say about costs of GT's and Glanza's. Because soo many vary.

Take for instance, I have seen a newly imported Glanza, with no mods at all. Completely standard. About 40k on the clock. And it was being sold for £5500. Where as I have found the same sort of milage on one with much more mods for around £4000. It all depends on where you purchase the car from and how long its been here for. Thats what I have found anyways.

I am 21, with 2 years ncb and my Glanza is £700 for insurance with all mods declared. (but being a girl it always seems to be cheaper!)

you'll be looking at around £1200-1500 or more for insurance on either, although the main point would be to get some driving experience before you go to a nippy fwd motor with the handling ability of a cheese sandwich.

I've never seen one with japanese service history, so it'll pretty much be just this side. if it did have any jap history, it'd be all in japanese so you wouldn't make head or tails of it anyways :D

• 2 weeks later...