petrol prices 1983-today

just saw this on another forum they were saying fuel doubles every ten years we are bein taken for a right ride with fuel duty

Petrol Prices 1983 to date

How gutting are these?

1983 36.7

1984 38.7

1985 42.8

1986 38.2

1987 37.8

1988 34.7

1989 38.4

1990 40.2

1991 39.5

1992 40.3

1993 45.9

1994 48.9

1995 50.9

1996 52.9

1997 57.9

1998 60.9

1999 61.9

2000 76.9

2001 77.9

2002 69.9

2003 77.9

2004 77.9

2005 79.9

2006 88.9

2007 95.9

2008 118.9

I remember when i passed my test and was paying 95odd pence per litre and now its like really bad news get about 8 1/2 litres to a £10. Where as when i passed i used to remember it being 10.34 litres to a £10.

In 1994 (there or thereabouts), 2 petrol stations near to where I used to live had a price battle (even made the National news!)... My 309 GTi enjoyed drinking at just 39.9p a litre then!

Now, it just cost me £60 bloody quid to fill up the tank in my Accord Type-R... :lol:

yeah, its about time we held another strike i think, get all the countries car clubs together and pick a motorway i say, bring the country to a stand still. do it once a week until they bring it down. hold the country hostage hahaha they cant put us all in prison :lol:

I personally hate it too...because I hate spending money.

But..this debate about fuel costs will be around forever.

I will continue to pay the costs, because I need to use my car.

you have hit it on the nuggen lol it will go on and on.

the english governement pay less for the price of fuel than anywhere else and add the most tax. 'we have hit peak oil' <<<<< bollox there is loads of undiscovered oil fields and they find new places all the time. they can put the prices up as they like now as the powers that be now have controll of most oil flow as going to war wasnt about terrorists but more to do with the oil as some may know but most dont. one of the other reasons that we went to war was that saddam husains country was going to start selling oil in euros which would fook up the ammerican econammy (petrodollar) << type into youtube . its a long story but were all doomed as were all living in a policed state as it is and its only going to get worse. untill 2012 lol thas another story lol but im still swaying on that idea as its 2 hard to imagine. some may say im a conspiracist but i find it interesting that the conspiracists seem to get it right by predicting forthcoming events and sound more convincing than the governement.

i think its bollocks, what has running out of oil got to do with the government increasing prices? it doesnt even make sense, if anyone should raise the price its the fuel companies but they havent done that. this country is just run by a bunch of cunts, im sure we pay more tax than anyone else in europe yet we still have the shittest health service, public transport, schooling etc etc. i fucking hate the fact i have to live hear, problem is its the best country in the world for engineering so im stuck here. although i will be applying to go and work for dome in japan ;-) already designed a few parts for them so fingers crossed :lol:

the english governement pay less for the price of fuel than anywhere else and add the most tax. 'we have hit peak oil' <<<<< bollox there is loads of undiscovered oil fields and they find new places all the time.

Read an article the other day, apparently the US has vast offshore oil fields that they're doing nothing about.

The only thing I have ever seen make a tincy wincy bit of difference, was when there were strikes outside petrol dispense factories when they couldnt get out of the factory gates. The fuel prices dropped for a while, but then went straight back up again.

As I have said, this will go on and on forever. Its the same with costs of food now a days. We have to pay more and more, because companies have to pay more to deliver the food. Its a vicous circle, that for as long as the country has all round money issues, it will always be around.

nothings goin to change lads, when was the last time a strike did anything? especially reduce prices? increase wages yes....

one thing you must remember is that if the tax on petrol is reduced then tax on things such as income will need to be increased, its just how it works. im not saying im pro high prices, of course not, but we are going to have to get on with it.

oh and the countries medical (nhs) isnt bad, i dont quite no what people whine on about, in the US you have to pay through the nose and anyone without enough money is buggered. Plus we have the best schools and a well respected education system, not to mention a not totally but realitivly fair governement.

just my opinion, feel free to disagree...still i bloody hate putting in £30 in nd the car not being full! :)

i cant believe how much it is for petrol and how skint we all are: shit wages and every thing else going up!

its like the government are promoting its better off to be on benefits and have a kid as early as possible!!!

I agree that petrol prices are rediculous, when i started drivin 2 years ago i cud fill my tank up wiv 15quid, now that wont even give me half a tank.

The only way any type of strike would work would be to get every1 to stop filling up at a certain branded pumps, i.e. "esso" garages. That way they would have to lower their prices as they would be losing money.

But to do this you would have to organise a strike nationwide and that is pretty much impossible.

guys this is not about the petrol stations its the people that own the governements. go on youtube and type in irs in america . research it and find the people that dont pay and the reasons why. because its not part of the constitution. its unbelievable. if that happens in amerrica as were just like them in a lot of ways then just imagine what goes on in our country

o and our schools are not the best we are being dummbed down as a whole society. i had a brief conversation with a physics teacher when i was a school about this and he was a teacher for years and he noticed that the governement were doing it and i wasnt really interested at the time i was just waiting for next break lol but now i have noticed and understood why i think that the school system is a joke

Our schooling system is far from decent.

1. They give you, you being a 14 year old, the decision to pick which subjects you want to take when you start year 10. - This is stupid mainly because how many 14 year olds know how to make a good decision. (I dont know about the rest of you, but the only decisions I was capable of at the age was whether to skive from school, and whether to save my money for Lambrini or White Strike)

2. The choices they give you to pick from for your subjects are normally shit, and the ones you do pick you dont end up getting anyways. So they put you on some shit subject like German, where you will waste 2 years of schooling learning a language that you will forget in 2 days once you have left.

3. The care more about punishing kids about uniforms than they do about bullying and no handing in home work etc

4. Teachers dont want to work as teachers anymore as all they get is shit from naughty kids who dont get disaplined.

At least in America kids have to go to school until they are 18, thus being an adult and being more responsible for your actions and for taking control of your own career.