Servicing time on the trackstar...what brands are best?

Thought this might be interesting to hear people views...

Oil filter, do you go for TRD sports filter (£19), Power Enterprise magnetic filter (£30) or BluePrint/Nipon £2.50 special?

I've always used stock filters on my cars but as the trackstar will be pushed more on the track, is there any benefit to these other filters?

Plugs...

Always used NGK Iridium before, but the EP has Greddy grade 7s in there, I'm debating whether to keep with Greddy or go for the NGKs.

Any thoughts? Interested to know what everyone uses and what state of tune the car is in.

royal purple 5w30 is about 45 a gallon.

its a bit more than others, but you can tell the difference immediatly, the car seems happier if that makes sense.

put it this way, Cruise use RP in all of their cars...

its in qrt bottles aswell, so you get one to leave in the car for topupz.

and yeah, the sard plug is about 7 quid, and i highly recommend them.

if youre after track orientated road legal tyres. get R888s.

ive actually got a gallon of 10w30 at home. i dont have an oil change planned soon. so you can take that if you want. you at japshow next weekend?

and yes, alot of the big manufacturers have NGK make their plugs, but some also use denso, which ive had jip with in the past. im an NGK fanboy.

I occassionally buy Track and Race Car Magazine..usually for the odd feature or article as the mag is fecking terrible on the whole. They did a tyre review the other month, will find that and let you know.

My mate runs tyre-review website..lots of useful info on there :p

Rick, seriously order that oil man, I need it ASAP.

filter is a filter mate, if its got a magnet in it, then would you really want it still within the flow of oil? sump plug perhaps, but filter, tbh, £2.50 nippon jobbie is all i've used without problems.

they are oem quality and its filtering oil at the end of the day, no technical reasoning for one with a magnet in it to be any better. rick just likes magnets as they tickle his balls.

oil is all about millers. millers is like, the win. serious, de, wins. have used valvoline durablend and its what (ex) tc-dave used in his race cars and his old man used it in his 800bhp+ ford pop, so it must be half decent. i found all my vehicles ran smoother with the millers in (Millers XSS i think it is) which is a semi synth, and just made the car sound wubs.

speaking of which, i need to change it again soon, done about 5000miles on it with an airfield race day in there too. ubes. will wait till after hols i think, money is gay.

Cant really comment on servicing stuff because i dont really know about that stuff. As for tyres though i can talk about them all day seems though its what i work with.

Road - Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s or Yokohama Parada Spec 2s

Track - Toyo R888 or Dunlop Direzza

Amen Rick, T1-Rs are for winnners.

Theyre immense on road, even in torrential rain, and when I did Lydden Hill on them, I was astonished! Ive also heard very good things about the Goodyear F1s.

Cant pass judgement on Yoko Paradas as Ive never driven on them.

millers is good oil, i worked at there factory doing out there offices so i had discount for a while, dont think i will get it know :p but atleast i got another gallon of xss left :p

I suppose with tyres its your driving style i dont like t1r's personally but the parada's seem alot more grippy but alot softer.