how low to lower a car?

i'm looking into lower my glanza but not sure how far to lower it, so i was wondering if people could post up how low there car is, what they are lowerin it on e.g. coilovers, shocks and springs or just springs and maybe a picture to help me visualize how it might look? it would be great help :lol:

This has been covered before mate >How low can I go?

You will find lots of lowering info already covered in the EP Technical Sections, its all about making the effort to take a look.

Please post in the Technical Section in future for all mechanical and performance/mod related queries. General is not the place :lol:

It keeps UKSC Tidy.

Cheers

Joz

This has been covered before mate >How low can I go?

You will find lots of lowering info already covered in the EP Technical Sections, its all about making the effort to take a look.

Please post in the Technical Section in future for all mechanical and performance/mod related queries.

It keeps UKSC Tidy.

Cheers

Joz

soz i allwaysput it in the wrong place lol :lol:

mines lowered on -40 P.Is. ive only done springs, they can be a little bouncy, and make the car grind on a lot :lol: but it looks soo much better

lowerin the paseo on -60? are you mental? i know you dont drive yet but when you do you may regret that!...will look dam kool tho :lol:

I am on coilovers lowered around 60mm maybe (pic doesnt do much justice, the front really cannot go any lower)

I did try to lower the back to match but got a duff coilover on the one side :p

Starlet070.jpg

-40mm is a nice drop although I would recommend uprated shocks because the standard ones will piss theirselves :p

• 4 months later...
no tein s-techs are slightly firmer than natural oe springs and the drop is also minimal

so... lets say around a 30mm drop? will the stock shocks be ok with that kinda drop? or is it recomended to use aftermarket shocks? kyb maybe?

no more than 35 mil is really recomended otherwise you will be bursting shox every few thousand miles,

the kyb excel gs realy are just an oe shox, if you could get a hold of some climb gears thats a proper upgrade shox,

or better still would be some koni yellows, thenyou could go lower than 40 mil bro

• 4 months later...
no more than 35 mil is really recomended otherwise you will be bursting shox every few thousand miles,

the kyb excel gs realy are just an oe shox, if you could get a hold of some climb gears thats a proper upgrade shox,

or better still would be some koni yellows, thenyou could go lower than 40 mil bro

ive been doing some search but i cant find the Koni Yellows for the EP91, also im closer to the USA than Europe :)

just in case u would know a place to get them in the states, shipping would be cheaper...

wow haven't seen this thread in a while!! lol

I would ask some of the traders as they can send stuff over see's finding stuff in the usa might not be the easiest for the ep91.

if you cant source anything over your way the only thing you can do is import some or order through a trader who would ship your way

wow haven't seen this thread in a while!! lol

I would ask some of the traders as they can send stuff over see's finding stuff in the usa might not be the easiest for the ep91.

if you cant source anything over your way the only thing you can do is import some or order through a trader who would ship your way

any specific one? cuz yeah that seems the way to go