Hey people what is the standard idle oil pressure and then what should it be max when on full boost etc as mine seems to have goty higher like 6 bar on full boost and 2 bar on idle it does fluctuate from time to time but just lately thats what its been..

Any ideas why or what is average on a 4efte oh and my engine is forged if that matters

When you first start them up especially on a cold morning the pressure can go high mine used to go to around 6 bar then it drops off pretty quickly to around 4 bar, once it got to running temp it normally idled at around 2bar of pressure, obviously if you put your foot down the pressure rose. Your main concern is to makesure the pressure is not low obviously extremly high pressure is not good but yours sounds ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Oil pressure will be high when you first start the engine cold, as its having to work harder pumping thick oil around.

When it warms up it should be idling around youre mark.

Mine starts cold at 85ish psi (5.9ish bar)

warm idle about 25-30 psi (1.72bar-2bar)

on wot its about 85-90psi (6ish bar)

and after a heavy session, say around a track for 15 minutes, it may idle as low as 22psi.

Are you running a temp gauge too bud? There very handy to have fitted too, there my 2 main dials i ever look at.