My car seems to do nothing but develop problems lately, when driving i get the most immense vibration from the back end of the car, sounds like the whole boot is going to fall off. After i pull up you can hear it on idle for a few mins then it disappears. Ive checked all the rear boot, parcel shelf, spare wheel, jack, exhaust brackets everything i can think off still not cured. The noise is defo coming from the inside not anything on the outside and im pretty sure the noise is coming from inside the drivers side rear quarter. Just wondering is there is anything inside the rear quarter that could come loose and cause this before is have to strip the whole inside of the car.....?

Sounds very strange David and you have checked most things that could be making the noise...

Only thing of that magnitude I've ever had would be the backbox pipe knocking/rubbing against the rear axle, or the front section of the exhaust vibrating over the anti roll bar/front lower arm.

Those are the only known causes I know of to cause mass vibes dude. Last resort I could think of is to jack the car up whilst its running or get it on a ramp, to see exactly what the hell it is...

Hope this helps a little, its not easy without seeing the problem in person.

Joz

Have you tried taking EVERYTHING out the back of your car, tools, jack, wheel, the lot?

See if it still rattles with it all out, if it doesn't, then you just have to find the culprit :)

How would I know if the front section of the exhaust vibrating over the anti roll bar/front lower arm....? Could this cause a noise to be heard in the car rather than out side? Reason i say this is the noise started a few hours after a drove over a rock in the centre of the road that was quite big and made a load of noise as it hit the bottom of the car? I didnt think this had anything to do with it as the time it started id just put a load of wheels in the boot so had seats down etc..

How would I know if the front section of the exhaust vibrating over the anti roll bar/front lower arm....? Could this cause a noise to be heard in the car rather than out side?

I was just saying David that those are the only major vibes or noises I've experienced in mine (modded underneath), if something was vibrating harshly you would defo know about it. be it in the car or outside, anything under the floor pan you would defo feel.

Its usually big stones/rocks that cause problems, it seems like it may have knocked something underneath. The only way is to check underneath Dave, not much else for it.

Joz