Hey Guys I'm a newbie and have to admit i don't have a Starlet Glanza ... Yet. i really need your expert advice about wheres the best place to buy imports and also what to look out for when i find one i want to see. Are there any usual faults that tend to happen such as rust or electrics? I'm looking to spend £4000. what do you think??? Thanks! ;) Jem x

Hi and welcome to the club,

obvious few places to look- auto trader, pistonheads, have a look in the for sale section ;) here is a link to a section where a few of your questions on what to look out for have been answered http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2862, but there pretty much like any other car full service history and mot history etc would be good, electrics are pretty sound on glanza's so wouldn't worry to much, with 4k you will be able to find a good condition one.

Rust and Electrics?? Its not a french car ;)

Just messing, you shouldnt have any problems with the electris (unless they have been tampered with) and most imports are Waxoiled before they come over so they shouldnt rust ;)

Just check for the usual, worn brakes, tyres, clutch, turbo (white smoke on boost etc)

Bes t off getting one of an enthusiast on this site or toyotagtturbo.com or a fresh import :D

Hope this helps, Lewis B)

Thanks Guys! your so helpful!

Thanks Sparky, lol i no there not french that why i love them!!! but i am currently a ford owner so you can see why i asked!!! :o

i've seen so many i am interested in but i'm picky lol i love the jams body kits.

the only reason i ask about 'wheres the best place to buy imports' is cause i've heard some stories about some Garages (west Yorkshire area) just wanted some in put. i've been looking through your For Sale section and they all loook great! whats you input about milage? thanks again guys! xxx :D

yea it is a nice kit, have the rear bumper myself

as far as mileage is concerned, wouldnt worry to much the engine are pretty bullet proof but lower the better really, mine was a 98 with 32,000miles! most of em are low mileage

you may be better buying from an enthusiast on here or TGTT than buying from a dealer - avoid Keighley lol

All the ones i have seen seem to be in the 80k mark and thats a bit too much for me, all the 60k get snapped up before i can think about it lol how did you manage to find one with 32k!!! i wanna know!!!! :o problem is i have to sell my car to get the cash i need for this car!

just love the look of that kit! i've seen how much it is to buy and its quite expensive do they come up for sale second hand much???

I've Heard for Keighly (in fact thats who i ment) there services i've heard aren't great. eg cars exploding on test drives! oops.

welcome fellow newbee :o

from my experience i would suggest looking in the jap mag classifieds, starlets arent that rare any more espcially glanzas and you could get a decent one for that price.

if you want one modded i would suggest get one thats already done,as much fun as it is do DIY it'll be loads cheaper to buy one someone else has already done up, just be weary of bodge jobs.

have fun either way :-)

Thanks Again guys, yeah small engine mods i'm fine with even small cosmetic jobs but think i just need to find one with that Jams kit and good wheels!!! :o

i keep looking in banzi and Jap performance they are a few there but again high miles. let me know if you sport anything, my eagle eyes can miss them sometimes lol

:D

dont be to put of a high mile car, i imported mine privatly with about 100,000miles on and although i swaped the engine for a foged lump the old one ran sweet as a nut bit of a shame realy, also a fair few low millage ones are clocked :) as has already been said the engine is bullet proof if looked after.

Hi Jem,

We have a nice grade 4 Silver Glanza if you are interested, quite a few mods including Koni shocks, Whiteline springs, Buddy Club Wheels, BOV, Filter etc. Nothing mad but a nice template to start with. If it's not for you we can always help you find another one via the forums if you need any pointers just ask always happy to offer impartial advice regardless of where you buy your car! :)

Best Regards,

Toby