New here and thinking of buying a starlet GT..

Hey there, first off, name's Adam, and i'm new to the forum, and the jap car scene.

I'm thinking of getting one of this little rice rockets, but before i do i wanted to know about the common issues and problems that you would get on a 94/95 model, since this is the one that i'm viewing to buy.

I'm currently driving a slightly modified Mercedes C230 Kompressor with ~195hp at the wheels (251 flywheel) and 324nm of torque, and what really attracted my attention to these cars is that they're cheap as hell to run and to own, and insurance/petrol... etc is CHEAP! and on saying that i raced one the other day, and i was over-taking him so slow it was embarassing!!! And its also led me to think... he doesn't need that much more modding before he can easily be quicker than mine...

And thats why i'm here! (Mainly)

Any pointers about this car is much appreciated,

Thanks!

Adam

Hmm...nice choice of phrase rice rockets will make u popular!

Nor does the racing impress us (if on a road), not does calling em slow for that matter - why would you want one?!

and trust me unless your 21 plus with a few years NCB they aren't cheap to insure

You found it embarassing because you could only overtake slowly!? You'd find it even more embarassing the amount of starlets that could overtake your merc very quickly.:) They are easily tuneable and can be much quicker than your heavy merc with ease, you'll enjoy that.:p

If you have a look about the forum you'll find info on what to look out for when buying, they're pretty reliable little cars if looked after and modified properly which is probably the most important thing to look for.

The bestthing is to buy one off someone who has a good bit of knowledge about these cars and will of looked after it properly too.

Welcome to the site and good luck with the search. :)

Hmm...nice choice of phrase rice rockets will make u popular!

Nor does the racing impress us (if on a road), not does calling em slow for that matter - why would you want one?!

and trust me unless your 21 plus with a few years NCB they aren't cheap to insure

agreed

lol

Welcome anyway mate :)

If he can insure that Merc Si im pretty sure he could insure a Glanza :p

and yes that one you raced must of been near stock if you could hardly overtake him :p

Race StarletRick then :p:)

Hope you find a nice Starlet

hmmm only thing is going from a merc to a starlet is going to piss you off as its not the safest of cars and the comfort zone would be totally different.

what brings you to a gt over a glanza n e way.