left my house today to find that some tool has tried to steal the grill of my car and broken the catch on the back in the process, anyone no the best way to fix this i don't want to have to buy a new one.

How the hell do you steal a grill anyway,buy a new one it'll be easier and at least you know it's right then.

it looks like they just tried to yank it straight out, cant see what's the point though, although there are few gt's owned by chavs where i live so all i can think of is one wanted it for there car if not that just mindless vandalism i guess

well for a start,pulling the grille out so they can open the bonnet,so disconect the battery,so they can open the car to put it on the back of a low loader

why would they want to disconnect the battery to put it on a low loader????

and dont alarm cal, because if an alarms fitted, when the battery becomes disconnected the alarm goes off,

where probally out to nick bov's and airfilters and crap like that

why would they want to disconnect the battery to put it on a low loader????

and dont alarm cal, because if an alarms fitted, when the battery becomes disconnected the alarm goes off,

where probally out to nick bov's and airfilters and crap like that

thats probably more likely, i hadn't thought about taking it off so they could get the bonnet open for the BOV and stuff

lmao...no you dumb arse daniel.my cars alarm has gone off many times becaue of a low volt battery,so diconecting the battery kills it FACT...plus,chris have you got many parts to steal?i wouldnt risk doing that just for a dumpvalve and a airfilter...

you got a good alarm chris?

A proper alarm will have a standalone siren that continues to scream it's tits off! <_< You may well have a cheap crappy alarm then cal.

When you know what you are spouting out about cal then please come back and enlighten us.

lmao...no you dumb arse daniel.my cars alarm has gone off many times becaue of a low volt battery,so diconecting the battery kills it FACT...plus,chris have you got many parts to steal?i wouldnt risk doing that just for a dumpvalve and a airfilter...

you got a good alarm chris?

your good with alarms then are you cal? it kills it FACT does it? lol.

alarms should continue to work after the battery dies...

otherwise we would have a lot of cars bein stolen by removing the grille

A proper alarm will have a standalone siren that continues to scream it's tits off! <_< You may well have a cheap crappy alarm then cal.

When you know what you are spouting out about cal then please come back and enlighten us.

so what cheap alarm you got cal? i've fitted doesens of things, and they all have it as features. i bought a 30 quid jobby off ebay that has the feature.

other wise what would be the point in an alarm? you could just rip the bonnet up take the ground lead off and you would have the car to yourself,

just a clifford g5 alarm,my toad on my golf did the same too...same on my mates astra and my mates fiesta...

You obviouly know best as usual Cal, either that or did you fit all the above mentioned alarms? <_<

As monka said what would be the point in the alarm if disconnecting the battery kills it!?

Pretty much all alarms have their own battery so the alarm will still sound with the car battery disconnected, including my clifford one.:)