Hi Guys

I went to an RR day and the data showed that my boost is getting two different signals, one from the AVC-R control and one from the actuator control. The is also a convern over the fueling for the two boost settings controlled by the avc-r because there is not setup on my car for altering the fuel for each boost setting.

In keeping with the ethos of my project, I am keen to get mechanically involved and learn new things and perhaps at the same time simplify things.

I have sold the avc-r in favour of using a GReddy TVVC manual boost controller. I have also bought a boost gauge and afr gauge to keep an eye on things.

Here are a few links to pictures taken that show the TVVC in my hand and the loose hose connections from removal of the avc-r.

The tvvc instructions show connection from wastegate to tvvc to turbo.

I have one hose from the wastegate and another from the inlet manifold?

Please have a look at the pictures, I would appreciate your feedback:

23072008054.jpg

23072008053.jpg

23072008052.jpg

I've thought about just letting the actuator control the boost without the need for the manual boost controller - would that be a good idea as I only really want / need one good boost setting previously mapped at 1.1 bar last year. On the other hand I've read into the subject a bit and have found that the use of a boost controller help eliminate boost creep so maybe I should use the TVVC. Again, any feedback appreciated.

My car has been off the road for 5 weeks following my brake converstion to celica GT4 calipers. It is now ready to rock, pending flat battery (doh) and setup of boost control.

Here is a pic from the new brake setup:

22072008050.jpg

Better pics and write-up to follow after testing

Thanks

Matt

p.s. this was posted on ttgt forum yesterday as well and I haven't had much feedback yet. Hopefully you guys can help otherwise I might just have a play and see how I get on.

Afternoon Bongus...looking good mate <_<

My opinion on this you know, you have it connected correctly, feed from the inlet manifold for pressure in the system, this would normally just go directly to the actuator/wastegate to allow the actuator/wastegate to open when the default boost level is reached. If you fit the TVVC between that path so the inlet manifold goes to the 'in' on the TVVC and the 'out' on the TVVC goes to the actuator you then have something that is interrupting the pressure to the actuator, the more you close the TVVC the more pressure/boost you'll need to generate from the inlet manifold to force the TVVC open and allow the signal through to the actuator to open the port on the exhaust side and let the gas by to regulate or hold the boost.

Anyone else got an opinion on this? also where's your heat wrap :)

Montana, this is the confusion...Matt/Bongus/MuthaDucka has a TD04 (Mitsi??) it has no turbo out / pressure signal port on the turbo (I don't think) so he's using the inlet manifold to get the boost pressure (which is what the boost gauge would do anyway..it's the same thing).

I think it's all good as you have it Bong :)

TGTT is toss though isn't it? gimp to intelligent member ratio is very very high.

Off topic I know <_<

TGTT is toss though isn't it? gimp to intelligent member ratio is very very high.

Off topic I know <_<

lmao :D:)

about the pressure port signal on the turbo, i thinl they do have em....well si's did i think, it was just below where the IC pipe joined up, if im thinking about the right bit..

Matt you need to check if the turbo has this port then...if it does use that as it's going to be more accurate/faster to respond to pressure changes than taking the reading from the inlet manifold as the signal there will have travelled about 300 miles through the IC to get there. If the port is there and it has a pipe on it blocking it up, remove it and plug your boost gauge into that to test it's working before using it as the feed for the actuator.

So where does the hose from the turbo go to? I thought this would've been like most conventional MBC's;

Actuator port <------> TVVC <----> Outlet on comp housing.

Like so:

c83d_1.JPG

Maybe its different for the TVVC though, so not sure!

Now that's the badger! The TVVC instruction show the same setup as your diagram: http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/693.pdf

I'm not sure where the pipe goes to the turbo either? I 've had a good look around the turbo and can only find one pipe to the exhaust and braided lines to the oil filter and one other that leads around the engine into the unknown....

My post may have just got missed on the ttgt but it's nice to make an increasing appearance on this forum. I've stuck with the other fourm because that's where I originally joined many moons ago.

Now that's the badger! The TVVC instruction show the same setup as your diagram: http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/693.pdf

I'm not sure where the pipe goes to the turbo either? I 've had a good look around the turbo and can only find one pipe to the exhaust and braided lines to the oil filter and one other that leads around the engine into the unknown....

My post may have just got missed on the ttgt but it's nice to make an increasing appearance on this forum. I've stuck with the other fourm because that's where I originally joined many moons ago.

its never too late to change :D

Have a good look round your turbo where your IC pipe connects to it...think its on the left hand side...like i said, if ive got the right think...<_<

Acutally, ive seen you said it may be off a mitsi, so i have no clue now,...i was thinking it was a subura td04 :)