Hi all. Im new to the starlet scene. After losing my license under the new drivers act (got 9 points) about 5 years ago im now back on my way to becoming road legal again. New job and nice pay = a nice Glanza V to get back into the driving scene again.

Dunno if its the right place to ask but have a few general questions as im a total noob.

Whats the best bang for buck parts/mods i can do to the engine for starters ?

Also totally unrelated i had my license for over a year and a half before i got my 9 points, so when insurance companies ask me how long i held my license for could i say over 1 year ? You wouldnt believe the difference in price on insurance having a license for over a year means. Even tho im 25 they still want over £1200 TPFT lol

Cheers in advance and hopefully it wont be long til i can get my starlet and get modding etc :lol:

Cheers

D

hi mate welcome to uksc

thats not to good about your license like, my bro done th same but only got 6 points!!

im not to sure about mods for the fte best waiting for sum one esle, as ive not got one myself

any way welcome and enjoy

Gary

lol.. if im honest with u all it was a case of staying up til 2am then getting up for work @ 5am and being a little bit sleepy on the way home :( *sob*.. but my new job is nice and easy so no more late nights and early mornings and no more tiring myself out..

Cheers for the replies so far :lol:

Having an accident while my head nodded was the cause of the 9 points :lol: haha.. Ive had a quote of £876 TPFT but thats saying ive had the license 1.5 years :S

lol.. well i strayed over the white line, hit a car front corner of mine that then rolled and hit a car behind me while i was left with 3 wheels and a clutch pedal . It ripped my suspension off with the alloy still attached, smashed the floor in so both break and accelerator pedal were intwined with the mangled floor then left me scraping down the road on my sump with only the handbrake to stop me. Then the road was closed for 4 hours.

Luckily i was in a Mk2 Golf and it took most of the impact. Left a nice crease in the roof too where it bent in half on impact haha.. Gotta laugh about it or ill end up in tears.. Spent a small fortune on my lil 1.3 Golf.. Looked mint and never took a pic to remind me either :lol: .. its up there now in Car heaven.

As for the lying about my license, thats what im wondering. Is it lying ? technically i have held a Full UK license for over a year, Just because i have to resit my test doesnt mean ive not had a full license before. I suppose its like if you get banned for drink driving or something. U may have to resit your test but could have been driving for 30 years. What happens in that instance ?

And the quote i had was for a Glanza V 1998 turbo. So not too bad at all i thought.

Hopefully ive fulfilled all your needs now shelly :(

Thanks for sharing Sooper, i was only being nosey, but oh my god, i hope you were alright, that accident sounded really bad. A reminder to the people that drive when tired, it shouldn't be done at all!!

My cousin's bf nearly hit the car infront on the motorway at night as he was so tired he didn't even notice a car was infront of him, until my cousin had to scream and his mind kinda went back to focus.

I guess your kinda right about the whole license thing, i mean you have held your license for that time it should be ok. Best is to ask someone that knows the answer.

Yea, i have 2 CID police living next door and even they dont know lol..

Not the kinda thing i like telling people about as it is quite bad to fall asleep but hopefully it'll serve as a warning to others.. it deffo aint to be done.. :p

Car,My corbeau's and my momo wheel saved me from major damage i think haha. Burnt elbow from the seatbelt and some glass in my hair and thats about the worst. All good. Sadly the others werent that lucky :lol: but im sure my insurance helped them get over it all with a nice hefty lump of cash :(

Thanks :lol: .. ive been toying with the idea of importing 1 myself, been in contact with a few people and have access to the japanese auctions. But im like a kid in a sweet shop haha.. So many nice cars and i dont have the cash at the minute.. I think im gonna just go down the Fianace option.

Welcome to the club mate <_<

Hope you get a nice Glanza and a even nicer insurance quote :D

By the way im pretty sure the guy who owns that Glanza in your pic is on the site :D

Abercarn haha.. pretty much just down the road.. U will have to come take me for a spin 1 day mate.. ive not even been in a Glanza yet.. lol.. my mate had an old EP82.And theres a white EP91 going around here altho i dont know who it is. Seems nice.

But i prefer the look of the EP91's . Going to pop over churcham garage in gloucester. They got a couple of nice 1's there.

Small world mate :D

Sorry mines not a Glanza, just a replica for now <_<

Do you ever go to Blackwood on a Thrusday? I was down there in a mates car the other day and seen a white Glanza with white lenso's and the FULL lip kit, looked awsome

welcome, sorry to hear about the crash..

on the insurance note, my mum has had her liscence for 30 years.. and all those 30 with no claims, yet when she got insurance after a few years of not having a car in her name (being named driver on another car) she put it as 0 no claims.. would she be entitled to those 30 years?

good luck with the Glanza hunt! keep your eye out for later spec (98+) and with the full lip kits, they are the bestest going <_<

cheers for that Gall.. i do want a later model if poss but heard good and bad things lol.. Ive got my answer to my own question tho. Made a thread just incase others needed the same answer i did. Probably no1 else on here dumb enought to have lost their license like me tho haha.

@ Sparky. Aint been up the wood on a thursday for years mate.. Most of my mates aint that much into the whole "boyracer" scene anymore haha.. Ive gotta make up for lost time tho.

Got my provisional back today and 1st lesson 2moro.. It wont be long !! ;)