After talking to Joz about it, and seeing the little pipe he had made up I looked to see if there were any on ebay... and it seems there are, but they're silicon and not aluminium.

Righty... onto the plan, just checking that it will be a good setup and not some dodgy bodge job.

Corolla Inlet Manifold

Silicone 55mm - 70mm reducer (can't find one this size, but close enough)

Silicone T-Piece which has a hole for the air sensor.

BMC CDA filter

Going to have the reducer on the throttle body, t-piece next, with the air sensor in the hole, bit of flexi air feed pipe off the t-piece to the CDA, then the cold air feed going down into the front bumper. Thinking of moving the rad over slightly as it seems there's just two holes that need to be made and the rad moved over a bit but I'm guessing there's more work involved?

sounds good?

bollocks, just realised I've posted this in the wrong section...

yeah that will work well. i had the exact same thing when i was n/a. no need to move the rad really. there is a hole that some pipeing can fit through next to the rad, its not a massive hole but with the diamiter pipe it will go through.

here is a pic

000_0121.jpg

yeah that will work well. i had the exact same thing when i was n/a. no need to move the rad really. there is a hole that some pipeing can fit through next to the rad, its not a massive hole but with the diamiter pipe it will go through.

Yeah I'll probably just use that little hole but if moving the rad is just a case of 2 holes then I'll move the rad.

So you had the same thing, BMC CDA aswell, and the t piece for the air sensor?

How much better than standard was it, how did it affect accelleration?

well i say exact same...............

i had a replica filter, but lets be honest a filters a filter at the end of the day. and 99% of the time you pay for a brand name.

and i didnt have the t peice there but i had a hole and bung in the pipeing to take the sensor so in essence it was there.

it felt good compared to standard, reved much more freely.

the big difference i noticed is the consistancy, i had an open filter on there before like most people do and on warm days the performance was terrible, with the enclosed filter with the direct feed the performance didnt suffer as much when the temp was high.