Having Trouble Removing Old Acutator

Hi there,

I had a go at fitting my toy tuning acutator yesterday but had no luck getting the old one off.

It seems the two 12mm bolts holding it onto the turbo dont want to budge at all. Its pretty tricky getting to them with a ratchet as the powersteering pump is right next to it and the radiator gets slightly in the way too.

Are the bolts definately anticlockwise unscrewing or are they wierd clockwise ones. I started to round the lower one off when using a normal 12mm spanner at which point I stopped. I've sprayed them with lubricant too but the damn things are subborn. I think the problem is that I can't get a good enough leverage on the spanner/ratchet. :p

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

If there too tight to use a ratchet with a 180degree bendable head, youre best bet is to remove the water rad, then you will have more room to get a socket straight onto it.

Also try a 12mm spanner on the two mount bolts, then get another spanner on the end of the open side, that way you'll have alot more leverage on it.

If there ceased in there, heat the bolts up then give them a few taps with a hammer, the shock will help release it.

There an ass to get off if you have the radiator still on the car, and theyve never been removed.Once you get them out they will be a piece of cake to get off.

Keep at it, youll get them off.

take the PAS pump off, thats WAY faster than taking the rad out.

there is 2 bolts holding the pump in. takes minutes to move it.

spanner, hammer, job done.

Cheers for your help guys, will get on it. I have to say, taking the power steering pump off seems like the best idea as I dont then have to drain the damn rad.

Is the aux belt tensioner part of the ps pump? I guess I have to loosen it to get the belt off, then remove the two bolts holding the ps pump on? Are the ps bolts gonna be a pig to loosen too?

undo the bolt under the pump thats on the bracket attached to the block. that will slacken off the belt.

then undo the bolt in the head thats holding the pump on like a pivot. lift it out the way and you can get a socket in there easy.

Fitted it today! :( I decided to go out and get a decent socket set which helped a great deal.

Eventually, removing the a/c radiator was the thing that helped in the end, that allowed me access to it without fiddling with the powersteering pump. Bloody ac gas gave me a shock Rick! ;)

However I did find that it is very hard to adjust the actuator past the standard 10 psi mark (near the end of the thread). When I screw it in a few times, the pin simply won't reach the hole in the wastegate servo arm as its fully closed. Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to pull the actuator arm out to make it reach, it feels like it has a bit of give.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated as I plan to run about 13 psi for the time being.

Cheers,

Alex