i think youll find that the minimum power spec on a starlet with a TD04 (subaru imprezza turbo) and Forge Pistons is 240bhp at the fly!

hence why i have just bought a TD04 kit!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icant see the nessesicty of purchasing a tdo4 kit if your running stock internals? ?

Anybody for some toasted internals?

I've seen plenty of spec lists but hardly anybody uprates the internals.. 240bhp out of stock internals is pushing the limits.

Additional injectors?

Forged pistons?

Conrods?

Crankshaft?

Uprated headgaskets?

Balancing???

You know its really easy for somebody to buy a starlet, Source a tdo4 kit, pipework etc then crank the boost up...

But just exactly how long will it be , before something goes pop?

Just a thought, but...

Your car may go a bit faster if it was a little lighter! i.e.... Without any doors!

Give me the nod and i'll quite happily blow them away for you, chick!  <_< 

x x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now that i like.... you can blow me anytime :unsure::rolleyes:

If this car is having 290 on the fly and 240 on the wheels I would say something is wrong! And if it has 240 on the wheels with only 14 psi, you got to have a comp. on 11:1! I really wish that i could see those roll's...

Forged pistons melt as easily as OEM pistons. You can safely run OEM pistons as long as your fuelling is spot on and intake temps are kept low. You would however need stronger conrods I'd say since the extra "bang" will put a lot more strain that the originals prob won't be able to take.

Icant see the nessesicty of purchasing a tdo4 kit if your running stock internals? ?

Anybody for some toasted internals?

I've seen plenty of spec lists but hardly anybody uprates the internals.. 240bhp out of stock internals is pushing the limits.

Additional injectors?

Forged pistons?

Conrods?

Crankshaft?

Uprated headgaskets?

Balancing???

You know its really easy for somebody to buy a starlet, Source a tdo4 kit, pipework etc then crank the boost up...

But just exactly how long will it be , before something goes pop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well this is the way i bought the car! And i have been driving it like this since October and nothing has gone pop!

ok..... they are terrible graphs! what kind of decent rolling road puts power against speed! it should be power against rpm!

doesnt show anything of any use. no revs, no torque...... not really worth the paper theyre printed on

see now gaz's printout here - here - is how a printout should look. power and torque against rpm

look mate, the point of me postin the pic was to prove the power tanya is running, not for you to judge the graphs!!

in your opinion the graphs are shit, in mine and 1000s of other people who use their rolling road, they are good an acurate.

stop being so bloody jealous an grow the fcuk up!!

Cheers chick! Well said!

:rolleyes:<_<:unsure::p

Ben_ j.. whoever the fuck you are :p

Why dont you go pollute someone else's post with your jealous comments???

imagesmoron.jpg

Or better still, go spend your time on making your car go faster!

Cause it sounds like you've got a bit of a complex about other peoples cars being faster than yours?!?

Cheers chick!   Well said!

:rolleyes:  <_<  :unsure:  :p

Ben_ j..  whoever the fuck you are  :p

Why dont you go pollute someone else's post with your jealous comments???

imagesmoron.jpg

Or better still, go spend your time on making your car go faster!

Cause it sounds like you've got a bit of a complex about other peoples cars being faster than yours?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, something else has been done to get 230 bhp at 14 psi...

How many RPM's are it taking?

lol

seems to me like 2 people that know something about engines are saying you physically CAN NOT make that power with those mods alone. and your not liking it? maybe there is simply more done to your car than you know about? but rather than that your getting stroppy cus you dont like what your hearing

r you sure its only 14psi? forged pistons and trd head gasket must be there for some higher boost than that?

Try not to wind them up too much ben_j.

I'm sure the TD04 with a good set-up is more than capable of pushing 220whp. Maybe there is more to it than we know... I don't know. Your set-up sounds very sweet in itself too but don't suppose you can go around on forums saying "my car's faster than yours" as there's really only one way to prove things like that.

[edit]

I'm not too sure about those dyno graphs myself

[/edit]

not trying to wind anyone up? she just doesnt like what she's hearing

i'd see it as a good thing... if thats your power you must have more done than you know about