how do you tell the diff?

how can you tell the differnce about the starlets? the srs and sportifs and the rest..

i know glanzas n gt turbos but i thought all other starlets where the same till i come on here, I've been told to get an SR by a few people, and i know theyve got a red and green sticker on (like the silver starlet on the banner with black bonnet). ive been looking on ebay and autotrader for one cause i might be getting a car around september cause my dads selling his. and how much am i looking for too? whats a starlet N/A? its all sooo confusin lol :)

Well, as you said, SR's have SR stickers on the side of them usually, and I believe theyre slightly lower than the sportif standard, could be wrong. Also as you said Glanzas and GTs are fairly obvious. N/A stands for Normally Aspirated, as in Non- Turbo, basically everything other than a GT or Glanza.

As far as prices go Id wait for an N/A lad to post, as I have no idea :)

Al.

how can you tell the differnce about the starlets? the srs and sportifs and the rest..

i know glanzas n gt turbos but i thought all other starlets where the same till i come on here, I've been told to get an SR by a few people, and i know theyve got a red and green sticker on (like the silver starlet on the banner with black bonnet). ive been looking on ebay and autotrader for one cause i might be getting a car around september cause my dads selling his. and how much am i looking for too? whats a starlet N/A? its all sooo confusin lol :)

a N/A starlet means that its a non turbo (Normally Aspirated).

all the uk spec ep91 (96-99) N/A starlets came with the same 4efe engine, so there is no performance difference between them. the only thing that varies is the spec, for example my old starlet 1.3i had the same 4efe engine as all other n/a starlets but had no power steering, airbags, electrics, alloys, spoilers etc.

most sportif's come with a few extras (depending on year and spec) such as power steering or an airbag and maybe a rear spoiler.

the sr and gls are the top of the uk spec range, the sr coming with a revcounter, alloys, lowered springs, sporty tte exhaust, spoilers, electrics, sunroofs (as an extra), graphics, and a different coloured interior... and the gls coming with shiny chrome bits a revcounter and different interior bits (and probably some other bits ive forgotten).

price on a basic starlet (sportif/1.3i) can be from £500-£600 up to about £2k-£3k for a sr or gls depending on year, condition and mileage.

hope that helps.

Rich.

just to add to that the cd model came with sunroof, rear speakers, rev counter, sony face off cd player....there are two white ones always on ebay around the 2k mark clean etc but i`d go for a black one rarer but they look 100x better than the white ones...

just post the link in this thread to the one your looking for and we can usually tell you what it is and the Pro's And Con's...

FAO everyone here... We need to set up a Starlet Car Sales :)