Fitted my TD05 14B Top Mounted Turbo

Hey All,

Dont really come on this forum alot, i recently fitted my new turbo Kit to my car i suppose most would have seen the update on the GTT forum but thought i would update those who might not have seen the update. Mapping it taking place this Tuesday coming and hoping to reach as close if not break the 300hp mark. Time wil tell i suppose but i think it will be more likely around 280-290 anything more and i will be very happy regardless.

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

from tgtt...

Well as i thought something would go wrong it did.

Couldnt get it mapped as my car has been slightly smoking since the rebuild and really never thought that much of it and because i have driven it off boost it not really showed but on the rolling road today when the car is on boost its just chucking out black smoke (Oil) i am yet to find out what the bores where re-bored to but its down the the bores as oil is getting past the pistons and just burning away in the combustion chamber then chucking out black smoke on boost.

The long and short of it is don't let people who don't have experience with forged pistons do any work on your car lol. Basically it needs to be rebored and new pistons fitted. So the plan then it for 75mm Pistons and do the Rods at the same time as well as the crank.

On the up side the turbo was making good power and was not very laggy at all considering a TD05 on a 4e. Only did about 3 power runs that was it no mapping was done as the smoke was pretty excessive.

So i wont be on the Track then at Trax nor will i be attending if anyone wants my track time and pass please pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys really sorry for late reply.

As promised the rolling road graph, lol please excuse the comment Greg added ^_^

So as you can see he only done about 3 runs, did not even map it was pure power runs.

As you can see the pull at 1.4 bar was not even a complete or FULL rev range he cut it off at approx 5600rpm at at that it reach 246 approx atf.

The turbo has alot to offer i think and as he said he cant see why i cannot reach 300hp on this turbo.

Its too soon to talk as i feel as the engine was not up to standard really however based on the quick few power runs that where done it go the power pretty dam easy.

Greddy TD05-14G

IMG_2131.jpg

Now looking at my old K24/K26 Turbo that i had on before you can see that this Greddy Turbo is pretty fast at spool up considering its a TD05. Take a look at the 2 graphs there is not much in it really and when i drove it i felt that on the road they were pretty much the same really but boost kicked in alot harder on the TD05 which is to be expected.

Previous K24/K26 Hybrid

IMG_1583.jpg

Just need my engine so that i can finally explore this beast of a TD05.

So its off to see Mr Dave Burwash for a proper rebuild yes indeed i have learnt the hard way never simp on a rebuild unless you either know what you are doing or trust the person who is doing it 100%.

Hoping to get the rebuild done end of this month then really use this turbos potential as it still has alot too offer considering it was not even mapped and only done 3/4 power runs.

Cheers

Dane