sera engine 2 starlet is it possible

get the paseo 5e-fe engine plus the ecu unit. the starlet wiring will work fine with the new engine. the paseo ecu will just plug straight in. you can use the 1.3 gearbox as well.you might have to rig your own system to control the rad fan but its easy enough.

i fitted a sera 5efhe into my starlet last year,

enginepics032.jpg

and i wouldnt reccomend it against the 5efe... it had a totally different wiring setup its quite simular to the 4efte as it uses a fte distributor, throttle body, intake manifold etc etc.

basically if you can fit the 5efe easy peasy, then why bother with the 5efhe as it will cost you a fair bit to get it rewired and running all for the sake of 10bhp and an extra 1600rpm on the redline.

i learned the hard way.

Rich.

Whitestarlet has a 5EFE and ECU in his 98 sportif and seems to be working fine. Although his car has no power steering and quite possibly has no factory immobliser. If it works on his should it not work in mine provided i get something done bout the immobliser???

what whitestarlet said.

not many people seem to realise the difference between the two engines... the fhe has a totally different wiring set up compaired to the 5efe.

whereas the 5efe has almost identical wiring to the 4efe... hence why whitestarlet said it was easy.

the fhe uses a separate coil*, different distributor(4efte)*, higher lift cams, different exhaust manifold & downpipe, different inlet manifold with idle control valve (4efte)*, larger injectors, and a different throttlebody (4efte)*

*all use different wiring to the 4e/5efe.

you could possibly get it running using the 4efe loom if you use the 4efe: distributor, throttlebody, inlet manifold, injectors and ecu.

but you would need to do something about the fueling like maybe a adjustable fuel pressure regulator with the fhe injectors, and then you would still only have a rev limit of 6k, and then you'd probably have less power than the 5efe.

No i realise the difference and its the 5EFE like whitestarlets that i want to fit in my car but if i change the ECU in my car i need to either get it unlocked to accept the new ECU or some how fit the paeso immobisler and igination barrel and i've no idea if it would work

I dont have powersteering or immobilser or any of that heavy shit in my car :lol:

I presume the 5efe ECU will give me no problems? Some breaker on the phone to me said the ecu's are coded so will i need the ecu and engine from same car yeah?

cheers <_<