so your running 106 ron, on a 4e-fe thats not tuned for it? :o

burnt piston rings anyone? :p

and tescos/BP are shit compaired to Optimax, there's a good artical in this months Banzai on the subject of which fuels best!

so your running 106 ron, on a 4e-fe thats not tuned for it?  :o

burnt piston rings anyone?  :p

and tescos/BP are shit compaired to Optimax, there's a good artical in this months Banzai on the subject of which fuels best!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my point exactly... :o

i understand the laws of physics matey, and how an internal combustion engine runs, but realistically, you wont notice the gains in your ickle starlet, it wasn't designed to run on it, so either what was mentioned above will happen, or it'll make sweet FA difference.

feel free to prove me wrong, but i'd be very surprised if you do.

ok coolio so no one beleives me but here is what someone who actually knows what they are talking about said

Basically, higher rated fuels are better at resisting detonation. Detonation occurs when excessive heat and pressure in the combustion chamber cause the air/fuel mixture to self ignite. This produces multiple flame fronts within the combustion chamber, instead of a single flame from the spark. When these multiple flames collide, they do so with an explosive force that produces a sudden rise in cylinder pressure accompanied by a sharp metallic pinging or knocking noise. The shock waves created by detonation can be very very damaging.

Using a higher rated fuel allows you to advance the base timing a couple of degrees, which in turn will provide you with more lower end power/torque. But, timing is a compromise, advancing it will give you better low end power, but you will effectively lose a bit of power at higher rpms.

so topic closed.... get over it

yes, it helps prevent detonation, but as yours wouldn't be anywhere near detonation even on 90ron fuel, using fuel with such a high ron rating won't do anything for you.

get over it? we were never under it mate, just voicing our opinions, its a public forum, if you didnt want comments, you wouldnt have even mentioned it :p

exactly.

we aren't having a go at you mate, just stating our opinions, no need to take offence to it.

as said, if it worked so easy, then everyone at pod would be doing it, but the last time i read about a car using 106octane, it was a sumo rebuilt R34 GTR, and thats what the car had been built/designed to run on.....

our gt/glanza's are obviously designed to run on 100ron, but the knock sensor adjusts the timing accordingly for lower ron fuel, i'd still be wary about randomly sticking in fuel with any higher rating, just because it was never designed to do so....

i was only messing with ya. i did come on here for advice and it just seems as you think your car is the nuts being a turbo and mine is a basic sportif you think its a bag of shit. but hey thats cool and everyone has their opinion its a free country so voice yours.

the sumo liner is an animal and obviously will need the 106 ron but i will say one thing my mates gsxr is a 1216 cc engine with standard internals and he uses avgas at a higher rating of 108RON and it makes the bike go like a rocket. so i really do think its down me to prove it to you lot. maybe its just the fact you are jealous of the fact im actually gonna race mine ????????? not sure though but there does seem to be some issues somewhere lol

jealous?

wow, i thought the people on this forum were actually adults, not fucking children, obviously not....

do you realise how childish you sound?

I havent said anything regarding putting yours down, just about what you're planning to do. its up to you what you do, how you do it, i really dont care, but as its a public forum i just thought i've voice an opinion on what you said.

no, i dont think mine is the 'nuts', merely that they were designed to and regularly did run on 100ron fuel in japan, thats fact, if you think i was trying to put yours down then you need to stop smoking so much of the green stuff, paranoia is a nasty side effect... :p

Yes, i'm terribly jealous of you dragging your starlet, i wish i was as cool as you are....

jesus christ....

7186005428_capacity.jpg

as i said before i was messing about i fully take on board what you said thank you for your advice.

Many thanks and kindest regards

P.s im 26 and grew up a year ago lol

Prangers... you know I don't like to start arguments or fuel them but I don't think it'll make any difference mate.

Try it though. be good to see what you think the dif is on the day.

i know guys its cool. i didnt mean to sound like i had my toys out the pram. i was in a weird stubborn mood the last few days. i probably will just give it a try on the last run of the day. but i may not even race this time as i have noticed the sunday is RWYB but in competitions so i may just go once lol

prangers. when i ran shell's super unleaded along with an octane booster.it took 2-3 tanks for the car to feel any different. when i did notice the difference there were no flat spots when the car was reving.

you should look into getting cams reprofiled and the head ported and polished!

gerard