right im in need of more acceleration not too bothered about top speed. its the 0-60 im looking to ruin.

i have a NA sportif. i want to keep it NA i know its sounds crazy but i dont wanna impersinate something the car aint (says me with the rally slag lol) but you know what i mean he he.

what do i need to buy replace or change in my engine bay to give me more power.

ive already got the tubular inlet manidold and induction filter ????

any help much appreciated :p

Yeah you could gas flow, port&polish the head I suppose, you'd get marginal gains. And yeah a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold would help; a properly designed one will give you more lower down power, helping your 0-60.

i will look into pricing on all the above mentioned and go from there. dont fancy a conversion. to be fair mine is rapid as fuck anyways. dont know why but its quicker than any other NA starlet ive been in. im going to pod on the 26th march to rag the tits off it if anyone wants to come watch.

check this out, should be right up your allyway mate,

its a prototype quad throttle body system for the 5efe in development stage at the mo.

a person on the ukseoclub forums is experimenting with a set of suzuki trumpets and has the car working on these throttle bodys with the standard ecu,

they should easily be goof for the 4efe too

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

if you can log onto the seo forum and have a look the thred makes for great reading,

no, a set of gsxr t/bs are around 100-200 depending on who you know then this guy will build the mounting plate, bolt them on along with a boost valve then your good to go :p

thats handy.....

i have a good friend who drags his gsxr down the strip in under 9 secs and he has blown the thing up many a time. so will pop over after work and find some..... i hope...

when i go to pod next week i will be running 106 octane. LOL

will this give me more oooomffff

thats handy.....

i have a good friend who drags his gsxr down the strip in under 9 secs and he has blown the thing up many a time. so will pop over after work and find some..... i hope...

when i go to pod next week i will be running 106 octane. LOL

will this give me more oooomffff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unless your ecu has been adjusted for it, no it wont, it'll run barely any different, if at all.

the 4e-fte's are obviously tuned to run on 100ron fuel in japan, but even then when you get it over here, after a few tank's of lower ron fuel the knock sensor will adjust the timing to run safely on said fuel, but it does take some time usually....

unless you're running massive power from a dirty great turbo'd engine, 106 octane will do absolutely nothing for you.

it will work. has anyone heard of resetting their ECU.... this is what im going to do tonight and fill her up will 99 RON from tesco's then follow the steps i have been given and the ECU will set itself to adapt to the way i drive the car and the higher octane fuel...

it wont make a difference mate, not one you'll notice anyway.

unfortunately i dont believe the 4e-fe has the capability to actually make use of the higher ron fuel, it'll make sweet FA difference i imagine.

feel free to try though, its amusing read :p

im sorry and i dont wanna start an arguement but if you look at the principals of an internal combustion engine. basically a fundamental point is , the hotter the fuel burns , the faster the engine will run. so why is it you think that none of that energy will be transferred to the wheels.

if when you say a starlet turbo comes over here from japland does the ECU adjust and then run to the right idle and levels. how is my sprotif any different. surely thats what the ECU does. learn from they way i drive and what i put in the car. the same way it did when i changed the manifold and induction ????????

im not getting off my tree but i just cant see how it wont make a single bit of difference ?????

this is what someone else who deals with high performance cars has just said

Resetting the ECU to revert it back to "learning" mode will allow it to map itself for the fuel. As the higher the octane the less you need per cm^3 to produce the same force on the piston as you would with lesser octane fuels. So once the ECU has "learnt" and mapped itself (from the base map) then you'll find the throttle will be more responsive and mid range torque should increase.

Otherwise you'd be able to run on any fuel and companies wouldn't produce 95/97/100RON as we'd all be able to run on 1 RON thus conserving the worlds oil supply!

Remember to try and duct cold air into the cone filter and to let the engine bay temps return to normal after each run. Otherwise your cone filter will be doing more harm than good if its sucking in hot air.

The ECU only "learns" for the idle speed and all that but i'm with you lad BP Ultimate gives me 5mph more in each gear. The corrolla inlet manifold is a good job i here for top end but the orignal is the best for acceleration. Suckin in cold air is the key.

Where are you getting 106RON fuel from Prangers? Race fuel? Or are you using octane booster, because octane booster is misleading, when it says it raises the octane by "x" number of points it actually means 0.x pts so an octane booster that claims to raise 95RON fuel by 5pts will only raise it to approx 95.5RON

Then you have to consider that RON is Reserch octane number, which is different to MON which is the motor octane number. Petrol companies mix batches of fuel to achive the correct RON value but this might have a lower MON value (which counts) If your friendly service station lacky could give you the sensitivity(dif between RON and MON) of each batch of fuel that comes into the forecourt you could tell for sure the quality of fuel - Unfortuneatly he'll prob just look at you as if you've got balls growing out your lugs :p