Serious lack of brakes....?

As soon as i got the Glanza i thought the brakes were shite they seemed to be getting worse but i wasnt too sure. Now they are pants....

I can fully push the brake pedal a good 2" now until it feels like something metal is stopping it, like when you push the clutch fully down....

When the pedal is fully down it does pretty much nothing over 30 then when it finally starts doing something it makes the car weave (only when going fast)....

Now ive been told the brakes probably need bleeding does that sound right? Ive got some new ebc green stuff pads on order to try and help things aswell....

If so how do i bleed the brakes will it be obvious when i get the wheels off and if it is the case of air in the system how could it have got this bad?

Thanks

David

edit: car had brand new brakes and pads fitted less than a month ago when i picked it up

Sounds like air in the system if it has new pads

They need bleeding by the looks, preferably when bleeding the brakes you need two people, one to pump the brakes while the other person drains the fluid.

What brake discs are u running David?

I had the same feeling of pedal on metal, I had this with the standard brakes.

To me its the limitations of a standard brake setup.

I also wouldnt run uprated pads (i.e ebc greenstuff) with standard discs, I would use at least 10 grooves for better heat and brake dust dissipatation.

I would also recommend installing a cusco bmcs, it will do wonders for positive pedal feel.

For a future proof setup, go for a twin pot setup. Then you will be sorted for later on when you start to mildly mod.

Thats imho. But before you do anything, make sure to check all functions of the current brakes inc bleeding etc as mentioned above.

Joz

Bleeding the brakes on these cars is a pain in the arse, I've done it numerous times and not got it perfect yet! However it is probably your problem.

The basic procedure is:

Get a friend to help and sit in the car, check the brake fluid level and make sure the system never runs dry, top as your doing the bleeding with fresh fluid.

Start from the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work closer, so passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front then driver front. Get your friend to pump the brake pedal ten times then hold the pedal down (bestto put a piece of wod under the pedal as it will fall to the floor when the bleeder is open and can damage the master cylinder seals), then crack open the bleeder screw (8mm spanner) and the fluid should spurt out, then close the screw and your friend can release the pedal.

Ideally you should do this with a clear tight fitting hose over the bleeder screw so you can see the fluid coming out, then repeat the pumping and releasing until there are no air bubbles in the fluid and fresh fluid is flowing through if your changing it. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the cylinder and work your way around the car until done. :(

Its straight forward enough but hard to get perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
when your greenstuff pads come david giz a shout and we can brake them when we fit the pads

Sounds like a seized capilar. I had this problem a week ago a bit of heat and it should release itself its just a builed up of rust in my exeprince. Garage will charge 1 hours labour for it