New GT Turbo owner!!

Hi everyone, great little forum!

Anyway, on saturday i became the very proud owner of a 93 Starlet GT Turbo EP82 :D

Travelled to southend to pic it up, and flew back home :D

Fitted already is a HKS dumpy, 17's with pirelli tyres (will be for sale soon i think), custom back box, stainless mesh air filter (but have apexi one but no way to fit it?).

I have some plans for it though! first it will be a good polish and clean. Then 15's and lowered. After that i want to tint the windows at the rear so the outside looks good.

Then onto the power hikes :D

Wickedep turbo back exhaust, hks actuator, elec boost controller (not decided), de cat. Then possibly upgrade to the wickedep turbo kit with the tdo4l turbo, fmic, manifold etc.

But to start with ive got to change the standard speakers! theyre rubbish :)

Here's a few pics that i took on the day, its not had a polish yet as well! :

DSCN1639.JPG

DSCN1646.JPG

DSCN1640.JPG

Will update with new pics at the weekend. Im from near Reading, and ive noticed already that theres a few berkshire people (meets anyone?).

Opinions welcomed please, good or bad! I need some advice with the plans as im totally new to turbo cars.

Oh, and i must say that i am getting some really good looks from people! I love it!

Cheers

Joe

:)

Nice car.

Are those fox alloys? They're nice, but think you're right, it'd look better with a set of jap style wheels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There Kosei alloys - theyre fitted with pirelli p zero's as well so i might get a fair bit for them. Im after some team dynamic pro race wheels i think, in silver. But need the £440 first :D

how much did you pick it up for mate?

make sure you get it serviced, so its running up to scratch too.

looks like you got a plan anyway and are on a mission so no need to advise you anymore!

Was originally up for £2750 with a load of ice fitted, but i knocked him down to £2550 without it (no need for subs anymore :D).

It has apparently already had an oil change (looks like he put too much oil in though :) ) How easy/hard is it to change the oil filter on these?

Car handles pretty good, but because its on 17's and not lowered it feels like its got a bit of body roll. But powerwise it goes like a rocket, im still suprised at how quick it gets to 100km/h :)

Cheers for the response and comments!

Joe