When you had your Glanza V put through the MOT, did the tester fail it because it hasn't got siderepeaters on it.

Mine had its MOT a couple of days ago and i was told that i will need to fit them on or they will do it. However many of the Glanza's i've come across don't seem to have them and that is in different towns and cities.

So what is the situation with the Glanza V as it doesn't come with side repeaters as standard, can it pass without them or are they required. I don't really want to have holes drilled into the side of the wings to have them fitted :D

Thanks

doesnt need em because we have wrap around indicators which can be seen fromt he correct angle at the side of the car

See

hi mate thanks for the info, but i don't think he'll take that evidence too seriously and still go ahead with it.

I just need some hard evidence i can show him so he won't go ahead with fitting the side repeaters and drilling holes in the wing.

tell him get f*cked.. and if he does that youll be contacting insurance and claiming his ass for vandalism... the glanza indecators are pointed out if you cant notice the big pointy bit on them! thats basicly our siderepeaters..

i`ve asked my dad (mot tester) about this a while ago and he said if they didn`t come fitted with them they dont need them so you cant be failed he also said something about cars from a certain year but i wasn`t paying attention......basically your MOT tester needs to behave, tit.

go elsewhere buddy i`d seriously whack the guy if starts at it with a drill.. :D if you left your car there get to the garage asap!!

• 2 weeks later...

** UPDATE **

Hello all

I took the car back to the MOT station on Friday morning and i told the guy that i've done my research and asked MOT testers that siderepeaters are not required. He told me that had phoned VOSA/DVLA up and they said that i need to fit them :ph34r:

However i was still not giving up and demanded to speak to VOSA/DVLA and he said ok and put me through to them. I then told him what you guys have been saying on here and he said i'll have a look into it again. He phoned back and told the MOT tester to do a test which consisted off standing 50cm away from the rear wheel in order to see if the bobble on the indicator light was visible and it was :D

Hence no siderepeaters required and the MOT tester beaten and having to print me a fresh MOT certificate for the next 12 months :D

Thanks to all for helping me with advice and info on this matter and it was very much appreciated.