Revving up fault ideas please

got a starlet gt turbo ep82, piped in the intercooler and with this connected it will rev to 4.5k-5k and blow off and not rev higher starts to pop and backfire. engine management light is on by the way, without the turbo connected engine will rev up to 8k no problem. any ideas????

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Sounds like it to me :lol:

Dave

when i put the foot down and hit about 100mph my glanza pops and and missfires or somthing and the management light comes on but as far as i know my cars pretty standard exept a decat n dump valve and axhaust.. this cant be fuel cut :-? can it?

If it feels like you have suddenly got no power and then it comes back to normal a second later then this is fuel cut. Speed cut you just can't go over 112mph as far as i know. Nothing spectacular it just stops going any faster.

Bourkey

yeah i had this problem what sorted it for me was a remap with a new ecu :lol:

no its not the limiter lol its kindof like that but the exhaust pops then the managment light comes on, been hapening since i got the decat fitted, could it be somthing to do with that?

Bucket mate, what mods do you have atm? filter and decat and pipe aye? that can free up your 4efte and raise boost pressure which leads to fuel cut which is usually around 12-15 psi but it sounds as if youve hit your stock speed limiter and your clocks are out

Fuel cut is shit and scary, cooch HELP your car shouldnt be able to rev to 8,000...