So what alarms to people have fitted?

Any you would recommend? what sort of prices should I look at paying?

Does a turbo timer affect the alarm? (I'm sure it does, but just to check)

Looking to get a decent 1 put on mine asap, preferably cat 1 or 2.

Thanks

I have a Toad AI606, has served me excellently.

I could most likely get you a guy who will come to your house anywhere in the UK and fit it for you at a reasonable price, PM me if you're interested.

Ive got a viper 480xv with built in turbo timer so I can fully arm the alarm with the turbo timer still running. I also got proximity sensors installed too so it goes mental if anyone even goes near my car. Has full CAT1 status and the best bit is it has a digital screen reciever thing so i know if anyone goes near the car exactly where they are also shows me ive locked the car so when i tweak out and think ive left it unlocked i just check the reciever and it tells me she is all armed and locked up. It wasnt cheap but i do feel safe leaving my car now.

How much we talking? ^^^

It was £300 for the alarm plus fitting at my house, £50 for the proximity sensors and another £50 for a passenger side door motor (although i think they shafted me on this because i could tell none of the door card had been removed) and the turbo timer was thrown in free. Not cheap but you cant put a price on knowing your car is safe.

It was £300 for the alarm plus fitting at my house, £50 for the proximity sensors and another £50 for a passenger side door motor (although i think they shafted me on this because i could tell none of the door card had been removed) and the turbo timer was thrown in free. Not cheap but you cant put a price on knowing your car is safe.

got any more info..company used etc? might look into getting one of them.

I went for Secure A Car based in Stafford, they happily traveled to my place of work in Solihull in Birmingham and fitted it there and then. Was about £180 all in for supply and fit a Toad Sterling Cat 1 alarm. The guy who came was sound and very helpful and it didn't interfere with the Turbo Timer as such, basically if i hit the arm button it would central lock the doors whilst the TT was doing its thing, but once finished the doors would unlock. Also has a anti hi-jack system fitted, i.e when the car moves off it will central lock all the doors and when you turn the engine off it will unlock the doors.. handy this!

If you want to add bells and whistles then get the Toad AI606, can't go far wrong with them and they are awesome value for money the Toad systems! Does exactly what it says on the tin. Mine went off when I had the car on stilts and was un-doing a bolt on the brakes and gave the car a little vibration.. so I know it works!

Any cat 1 will be suffient mate, forget a turbo timer they are a waste of cash anyway! Some alarms won't work with a TT not sure which tho.

I never hear this before in my nelly puff mate the TT's dont bother any alarms.. TT's all to do with the ignition so i wouldnt worry about that,

I was tempted to go buy the viper as its a very reassuring system! as my alarm the now is basic uber gey!

How much did they charge to fit it?